General Off Topic Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Victoria, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Actually, the only one who uses it is Nordic (and not in a cleanly way).

2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Just got back from Svenerics seminar late last night 12 hours training over 2 days plus about 10 hours driving (including taking an hour and a half to find our hotel getting wrong info from locals every time we asked - some did not even know which country they were in :rolleyes:) slept like a log and still have my cold. But it was worth it to train with Sveneric and Marriette and Brian Duckers the host. Now got to go and bank the other guys share of the digs and fuel costs before i go overdrawn.

3. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Well, today's been a _____________(fill in blank with choice of expletive)

Setting floor joists on the 2nd when the one I'm on tipped, someone didn't secure it correctly, 2 story drop onto my back, didn't feel so good and now it hurts not so good, had broken ribs on the back side before and this is the same feeling/sensation, so good bet I busted a couple all over again.

God that ticks me off, I stress safety and doing the job properly/correctly, in return my crews get payed well, grrrrrrrr..................

4. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

spike won't be chasing any squirrels :bang:

5. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Not so, I got a fight Wed that I'm not backing off of, I'd lose money/honor and that don't cut it in my book, so wrap 'em and back to it, still ticks me off.

It's not hard to secure a joist propely, if you don't know how to, ask for help and someone will gladly show you, noone's saying who did it ( :woo: ) so I gave this crew the major hour long cuss session and sent 'em all home short, I don't have time for stupid mistakes that cause injuries for others.

6. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

agreed. Safety is always my biggest concern when on a job. People's livlihoods and wellbeings depend on everyone doing a safe job.

The only stupid question is the one you leave unasked.

7. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

there is no such thing as a stupid mistake it is someone getting lazy and not taking the proper precautions. i'd wish you good health but i don't want you to get the wrong idea again :D

8. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

I agree 100% Sgt.

And you're right g, I pay my guys extremely well on the condition they bust their a$$es hard, work smart and safely and do the job one way only and that being the correct way.

On those conditions if someone slacks off and causes an injury to another, they're fired asap, since noone's willing to admit they all lost alot of money by being sent home, and others are making more as I had to get others to take up for this BS, in a profession where it is so very easy to get killed/maimed/or severely injured, I have no time/patience for anything of this sort, I demand the best from my guys so that injuries don't occur.

9. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Sorry to hear that Mei. Go get it x-rayed and get it taken care of :Angel:

10. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

and you should. workers that are being paid well and treated well should appreciate how lucky they are and be certain that safety is first not only for themselves but also for their co-workers

11. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Amen bro

12. Lily

Lily Valued Member

General question to the guys.

When you see a girl walking on the street and you feel that she's deliberately ignoring you (and your leering) do you get ****ed off?

I was walking on the main road and just ignored this guy walking towards me because he looked like a jerk. I put on my 'you're not worthy' face, made no eye contact and he decided that he'd get right in my personal face and say 'Hi sexy' with an obnoxious grin on his face. I didn't flinch, showed no reaction and resisted the urge to elbow him in his f***** jaw. I regret not punching him in the face. It was only a few doors down from my MA class as well.

Just ****ed off, not sure what I'm asking here.

13. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Has Professor Nordic taught you nothing. *shakes Head*

You reply to his "Hi Sexy" with yes I am and you're not so **** off. :D

14. tolchocker

tolchocker Skittles!

are you implying that all the males on this forum are lecherous? :eek:

anyway i never have that problem of girls ignoring my leering on the street because i go for the 'no one exists while im walking and im gonna look anywhere else but at you to prove my point' technique whilst out and about :D

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  15. Lily

Lily Valued Member

No tolchocker, didn't mean to imply that. Just wondering if its just some guys who will try anything to get attention and who feel its an insult to their ego if a girl ignores them.

Nordic, I didn't think he deserved any sort of response from me. Also, I guess there was a double standard going on there with me. If it was a hotter guy and he had not done it to prove a point then I may have reacted more positively. I still wish I'd punched the guy in his face.

16. tolchocker

tolchocker Skittles!

ah well judging by the way he acted with you he is just a pillock and someone else will most likely punch him for you

17. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Went to the F'ng dr. 3 broken ribs in the back and a hairline fracture in the sacrum, sorry, gonna cuss here for a sec MOTHER***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Somebody's getting fired!!!!!!!!!

18. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Oh no! Mei!! This had better be a wake up call to you to take care of yourself. Really sorry to hear that its a fracture, its too easy to do :(

There's not much you can do but be careful, do NOT lift anything, just takes time to heal.

19. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I usually find that women that are easily intimidated dont make eye contact with me, they usually look down and walk past.

Most others at least smile when they go past.

I dont get ****ed off at all, I dont need every single woman in the world to acknowlege my presence.

I like Nordics advice on what to say back :D.

20. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Christ, sorry to hear that brother.

Fire his ass, anyone that causes injury to his fellow workers doesnt deserve a job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.