Gender and Genitals - Who has the better deal?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Lightfoot, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I don't know, China. I've a difficult time with a few pressure point techniques that involve the chest area, and find myself very uncomfortable doing them on women. Not because of some overblown sense of chivalry, but because good boys simply don't grab a woman's breast and squeeze. It's completely against a normal man's programming.

Groin shots I'm a lot more comfortable with, and if I get kicked in the groin, I'd hope if I retaliated she'd be sore! ;)

2. little china

little china New Member

Ya she'd be sore!For me breast can hurt alot!But a hard strike in my genitals is so debilitating and so immensely painful that where the breast is not even close.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I'm still intriqued as to the nature of the original poster's interest in this area of discussion. Only 2 posts since he joined up.

Hate to think he gets his jollies talking about this .... but due to the fact that I removed an inapproriate link, nicely tucked into his second post, I have to formulate the opinion that he may in fact have a fetish about this sort of thing.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  4. Mr.James

Mr.James New Member

gender and genitals

I'm hopen their sincere?Maybe it is a medical project?It is just a opoinion with no real point? But God im hope it is not some kind of fetish :woo:

5. Lefty

Lefty Yummy!

And hellishly wordy posts at that! I'm gonna have to agree with you on that. My Spidey-sense is tingling on this.

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

What a strange thread....... :)

7. beef

beef New Member

LMAO - I agree. Not sure if a breast-bar would work though?

8. spqrrowhawk

spqrrowhawk New Member

I personally am not sure either has an advantage. If you look at an anatomy text book you will see that all the arties that go through your legs also go through your groin. I believe the same is true for nerve strands as well. It is mostly because of these nerve strands and arteries that the inner thigh and groin areas make such devastating targets.

I realize that a strike to the male genital is very painful. I know this from experience! But as I understand it most of the incapacitating effects come from internal damage to the arties/nervous system.

Also in a self defense situation you can never truly rely on pain for security. In a lot of street fights people are not in there normal state of mind and are not as susceptible to pain. Certain drugs have the effect of numbing the body (alcohol is a common one).
    People who are experiencing endorphin rushes often don’t feel pain until they have had time to settle down (think of athletes who finish playing games on broken bones, it happens all the time).

Also as far as I understand it, a strike to female’s breasts is only a means of causing pain and any advantage/disadvantage this entitles would be roughly offset by the pain caused by string male genital.

As for long term affects, I believe a well placed strike to the groin can be just as damaging to a females reproductive organs as a males. So I don’t see an advantage either way.

In general I think the groin is a critical target on both men and women. However most people do recognize this fact and take extra care to protect this region in a fight. If the opportunity presents itself in a self defense situation you might as well try to strike it. But don’t overlook other easy targets (the instep of the foot, knees).

9. kenpoguy

kenpoguy The Last Dragon

reply...

As a male, i have trained with many people, and had the unforutnate pleasure of being kicked in the old punching bag one time after antother. If hit hard enough, it will hurt a man so bad he cannot literally walk. Though depending on the physics of the strike, its not always effective. I have been hit there fairly hard before where it definetly hurts, but doesnt disable. Repeated strikes would, but it will not always. As far as women go, it can be fatal if they are hit hard enough in their genitialia. They actually have a very fragile fetal bone. Granted it wont hurt their exterior as much, but imagine having a broken bone there..

10. tellner

tellner Valued Member

A lot depends. I've seen a light tap to the nadgers take out a strong man. My father saw a case where a guy had his left goolie stepped on by a horse - YEOW!! - and walk to the emergency room. It's not easy to predict. In his professional opinion as a urologist the old women's self defense technique "Grab, squeeze, twist, pull" would probably send most men straight into shock.

11. kiaiki

kiaiki Valued Member

I know from experience that this varies hugely according to several factors:
    For example, it is possible for men to insert their testicles deeper into their bodies (into the orifices from which they dropped) and reduce the risk of injury - this is relatively easy if it is done from an early age. (I can do this, having practised MA from the age of 9, as is is common in Japanese MA).
    If we know a fight is coming, we can prepare.

I know women who have suffered extreme pain from a kick to the genitals. (Unlike men, they are less prone to a hand grab and crush!).

In the end: 'know your enemy'. My 8th dan Aikido instructor could take a hard kick to the groin and smile. He had years to develop control of his 'Ki' and pain control. The strike would cause pain to his body but not to his mind. It would NEVER distract him.

I'm not sure what the thread seeks to establish, but if we are in a competitive environment we are all equal: blinding agony is a part of MA which we CAN override.

I guess what I'm saying as that, man or woman, our ability to rise above a crutch strike and the resultant pain is entirely individual and I make no distinction between the genders in that. We train in Aikido to maximise pain and minimise damage - that's a pretty good balance IMHO.

Pain is a huge factor in our MA and SD environments. Learning to manage that pain and be effective martial artists is surely part of our training.. I was always taught 'PAIN....BRAIN'. As martial artists we can use pain to control the minds and responses of others and to practise hard to ensure that others cannnot use pain as a weapon on us!

12. Lefty

Lefty Yummy!

I think my orifices must have caved in or something.
    -shrug-
    Well off to the workshop!

13. tellner

tellner Valued Member

You can certainly pull the testes up against the floor of the pelvis. But I think the part about drawing them back into the abdomen is the same sort of comic book codswallop as a palm heel driving the nose into the brain and causing instant death.

If the inguinal canal were open enough to allow the testes to freely travel up into the body it would allow intestine down into the scrotum. In other words, you would have bilateral hernias.

14. kenpoguy

kenpoguy The Last Dragon

reply..

lol, well i dont think he meant literally pushing the testicales into the abdomen :p I believe he meant sort of tucking them up. I will now stop my reply as its sounding rather odd and straying away from teh original post lol. But yes I have heard of many people being able to withstand the pain, and I have built up my ability and ki to the point where i can take even hits to the neck. The genitals is an area i have never dared going to though and dont plan to :D

15. Lefty

Lefty Yummy!

I choose to avoid hits to the groin. That seems easiest. I can't see building up a tolerance to groin hits. Maybe the first lesson would be most difficult.

16. Raven927

Raven927 Valued Member

I accidently hit this one girl in my class (MA class not school) ine the breast later she told me it hurt bad she was laughing when i hit her there so it couden't of hurt that bad she also told me she got hit in the groin once and said that hurt bad also i got hit in the groin befor man my eyes crossed and i folded over like a lawn chair.

17. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

and you guys pick on me for spelling/ grammar and pucuation

18. karate P.belt 2

karate P.belt 2 New Member

hey if I have to for self defense...

anyways yeah I think men are a little better off I read somewhere men just grow to be around 10% or 20% stronger than women and it's harder to get a strike on the groin than a strike on the breats especially scince a man will instinctivley collapse his knees in to divert or block a groin kick and not many people want to punch a guy in the groin while I go for chest shots a lot and no women has done anything instinctivley only stuff trained to her that all my male oponents have also done

19. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

I wonder why... :rolleyes: