Garry

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by GarrySmith, Nov 15, 2016.

1. GarrySmith

GarrySmith New Member

Hello all, Garry Smith 4th dan in Applied Ju Jitsu (Ruko Ryu), trained for 18 years, I passed this on Sunday 6th November just gone.

I run the Academy of Self Defence Ltd, edit Conflict Manager Magazine and am Chief Executive of the Conflict Research Group International.

Happy to provide links or you can just google.

Other hobbies include walking the dog, our Puggle Bertie, when I have time, reading, browsing the net, family, the latter being the best.

:D

2. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Welcome :)

You have any association with Trevor roberts and martin clempner?

3. GarrySmith

GarrySmith New Member

No I have not met either of them but know of them. I trained and taught with Abbeydale Ju Jitsu Club part of the BJJA until summer 2014. I then incorporated it into my company AoSD formed in 2008 and called it AJJ, later I realised this was the same name that Trevor uses.

We are now Part of the BCA who I joined in 2008. I work closely with Rory Miller and Marc MacYoung.

4. GarrySmith

GarrySmith New Member

Ah I tell a lie, I did a seminar with Martin at Georgie Georgiev's place in Cheshire, nice guy and a giant.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

So. Many. Acronyms.

Welcome to the forum!

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Fixed

7. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Welcome to MAP Garry

Ahhh, I thought I recognised your name - I usually see FB posts relating to your updates, popping up on the pages of Bunkai Bash, Kevin O'Hagan (or the like) or even from Rory or Marc themselves.

Travess

8. GarrySmith

GarrySmith New Member

Cool. Yes I came and did a couple of sessions on the 2015 Bunkai Bash, was discussing preparations for Rory being here in Uk 2017 with Andi today. Marc should be over next year too.

John Johnson popped by here a couple of weeks ago to pick up a load of books for a charity event he runs for Stoke Mandeville. I am still in touch with a few of the guys from the Bunkai Bash, good people, I like what they do.

9. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

gotcha

well slap my **** with a kipper! I stand corrected :D

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome to MAP :)

Mitch

11. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Welcome to MAP!