Gardening & Qi

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Yodo, Jun 6, 2014.

?

Do you belive in Qi?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. Yodo

Yodo Banned Banned

[​IMG]

Every master did know, that connection to the nature was the most important to maintain own harmony and balance.

Nowadays, most of the teaching is only technics and the Qi itself is "magic".

Lets think for example reiki.

When you hurt our knee when you were kid, what did you do: without thinking, by instinct?

You started to rub the hurted place with your hand.

You did reiki, it is perfectly natural.

But so many teachers want to mystify these things in order to get money and get status.

So the Qi itself isnt any more magic than electricity is.

The problem is, we lose harmony couse we dont trust anymore nature and we try to live with our brains: not listening anymore the higher energies and vibrations like intuition.

]:[

When we have connection to nature, in our homes also, we are part of the Qi flow on this planet.

It is not a force of violence but it is a force of feather and butterflies.

Many seek big muscles and high kicks.

But fail to seek the true depths and victory inside your heart and mind.

]:[

Without nature, we are just ghosts in a shell: robots who can do things but the meaning for things is missing.

Well, here is my small indoors garden. I hope to engourage people to plant some seeds and learn also the very small energies in this planet, instead of managing big powers.

Often it is, that the smallest thing causes the greatest effect.

Link removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
  2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Do I believe in Qi?

What do you mean by Qi?

If you mean biotensegrity then yes

If you mean something akin to midichlorians then absolutely not

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I think qi or ki or whatever are just pre-scientific folk explanations for a variety of phenomena, but I love me some gardening.

4. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

5. Wooden Hare

Wooden Hare Banned Banned

"Qi" is at its core, a concept. Like "love", "anger", "excitement", "strength", or "valor". All of these have corresponding scientific phenomena (blushing e.g. is a common response to "love". Physical health and good strength are signs of "strong Ren Qi").

But bringing science into a discussion on Qi is non-sequitur, which is why Qi proponents shouldn't attempt to rectify it with science, and those who dismiss it as unscientific are forgetting that there are plenty of places science has no place, such as philosophy, or for that matter, love of gardening.

Garden Qi comes from the Earth's Qi, the Earth's Qi comes from the Sun's Qi, and Sun's Qi comes from the Qi of the molecular cloud that birthed it.

The ancient Chinese were keenly aware of energetic phenomenon, which is why they used the pictograph of steam rising from rice to mean "energy".

Today in China, "Dian Qi" is even used to describe the output of electrical power generation and distribution systems. "Tian Qi" is used to describe energetic weather phenomena like lightning, and the light of stars.

Do I "believe" in Qi? Do you believe in Love?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML5Sp57nR68"]Do You Believe in Love- Huey Lewis & The News (Lyrics in Description) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  6. embra

embra Valued Member

Wooden Hare, that is a decent explanation of the historical context of what the ancient Chinese called 'Chi' and the lunacy of looking at this from western eyes in the context of science - simply because neither Nejia MA/TCM/Taoist philosophy + practice, or science are simple.

Equating 1 difficult set of concepts from an ancient tradition and context, with another contemporary set of difficult contemporary concepts, is never going yield much other than vague spouting nonsense.

7. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

This picture is my first exposure to the word "Ki." Next was Dragon Ball Z. I went from a monkey opening the door to the first temple to get a crystal with a girl inside from a scorpion monster in a hunt for the Triforce, to shooting energy balls out of your hands. I'm not sure where the gardening comes in though.

Attached Files:

• 04.gif
      04.gif
      File size:
      16.8 KB
      Views:
  8. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Is that...a reference to star wars? :happy:

9. philosoraptor

Shot of my garden a few weeks ago, because I like to show off :3

[​IMG]

10. Dan Bian

The tree on the top rack, far right, is drunk... :D

11. philosoraptor

Tree can't handle its qi.

12. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Not sure about Qi, but I believe in gardening.

13. Yodo

Yodo Banned Banned

Some time ago, science laughed to the idea that humans or living things could have aura.

Now the science-priests only call that "electromagnetic field", which has been know for ages in older cultures: and without these smelling machines!

So now they are not laughing anymore, but as are religious people: sciencepriests cannot admit they were wrong.

The electromagnetic field isnt the aura itself. It is the same as we would say when we see a tree moving with the wind: that the movement of the tree IS the wind itself.

But it is only what we see from the wind, movement of tree and it is only we see from the aura, is the electromagnetic field.

Some people can see almost as good in the dark, as cats. Some people see other peoples auras, also.

Now the science has found these even smaller energies and vibrations through quantum science. But what more they discover, the more lost they are. ;)

You cannot open universum with a machine and say "this machine knows".

A very good film relating to the subject:

http://vimeo.com/68497722

14. Dan Bian

15. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Attached Files:

16. Wooden Hare

If this thread is headed off a cliff, I get to be the Sea Monster beyond the event horizon.

Science still laughs at auras, and rightly so because auras cannot not be described as looking anything like the sort of thing you are describing. Put another way, the electromagnetic field of a person looks completely different from what anyone would commonly describe as an "aura".

Thanks to you, we have moved on to describing EM fields instead of Qi. I hope your grasp of eigenvalues is strong, mine is intermediate at best.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  17. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

So much wrong and so few words....

"Absolute bollocks"

...yeah that covers it I think

18. Wooden Hare

I just thought of something.

Seated meditation involving nasal exhalation actually leads to a cooler human thermal plume than exhaling from the mouth!(1).

Human thermal plume, what's that? http://www.mae.ncsu.edu/cfd/transport.html

Is it an aura? No, it's just heat. But I can see how people could be aware of it, on some level.
    Everyone here knows when their thermal plume is on overload: you will experience the symptoms of heat exhaustion, then stroke, then you will probably die.

Death by Qi.

[​IMG]

(1): http://orbit.dtu.dk/en/publications...dy(9a1c524f-d546-4ca0-9fc6-f416e6a06021).html

19. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

There was a programme about cats on telly the other day. They see a different part of the light spectrum to what we do, including seeing some ultra-violet or something or other stuff that other animals leave on the ground. (As you may have twigged by now, the science was a bit lost on me, but the colours were very pretty.)

Anyway, it was interesting. But it still wasn't chi.

20. Yodo

Yodo Banned Banned

Your attitude is against all principles to the martial arts Masters teachings.