Game of Thrones S4

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Bozza Bostik, Apr 15, 2014.

1. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

No, my read suggested that she sold Tyrion out once Tywin and Cersei got their hands on her. I'm not sure if the books sold her as truly loving Tyrion like the show has, and I'm not sure how that's going to play out when her time comes. They might let her sail off into the sunset, and that would sidestep the issue of Bron lying to Tyrion at the wedding. We'll have to wait and see.

2. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Ooh, I knew I'd forgotten people! I'd have to add Bronn and the Hound to my list of people I like. So that'd be:

Bronn
    The Hound
    Tyrion
    Tywin
    Lord Varys
    Little Finger
    The Onion Knight (forgot about him!)

After all this time though, I still want someone to stab Jaime. He's better than he used to be by far, but that last episode, he was still annoying as hell. Prince Oberyn annoys me, but at the same time I really like him thus far.

@ Southpaw: I don't know about the Purple wedding! I keep thinking about it and there's only a few people I can think of that could have poisoned him who would have had even some motive (beyond thinking he's a douchebag). I don't think it was Tyrion. Much as Tyrion seemed to hate Joffrey, Tyrion seemed too honest with his hatred. Jaime wouldn't alienate his sister and father like that. Cersei "loved" Joffrey much, even if he was an insane crack pot. The old lady from House Tyrell seems to have reached such an age where she's of no threat to anyone and can be honest, so I wouldn't have thought so. Lady Margaery (sp?) would have surely waited for another time when she wouldn't be under so much direct scrutiny and I don't think her brother has the stones for that kind of thing. I don't believe Tywin would have his grandson killed either.

Which leaves the Maester (has the knowledge, but I can't think of a motive), Lord Varys (has the contacts, but I'm not sure he would have risked anything so brash that could cost him his life), Little Finger (I have no idea why or how he would even try though, but he does have the coin) and Prince Oberyn. So I'm stumped.

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Honestly...I've read the books but found them so long and complex I can't even remember who did for Joffrey.

4. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Just don't get too attached to any character. He has no problem killing off anyone. I'm really looking forward to how they handle the storyline with Arya and Cersei's stroll through King's Landing.

5. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

One of my favorite characters from the books who is not in the show is the fat gladiator who Daenerys freed and he becomes her bodyguard. Can't remember his name.

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I missed the answer the first time I read through. Its like one sentence in one of the duller chapters.

Anyway Lemon, how can you not like Jaime? I mean yes he's arrogant, but his killing of the Mad King was good and I'm a big fan of his speech in season...2? The one he made to Catleyn about the contradiction of knightly vows. Basically I like him and Sandor because they both accept how stupid the mystique around knighthood is and have the whole "knight's are killers" thing down nicely.

Something I've noticed too is how, despite the fact most of the Lannisters are douches and the family is hated by just about everyone in the 7 kingdoms, Tywin is by far the most fit to rule Westeros. He might not be a very loving person but he does seem to have the pragmatism to be an efficient king. Plus Charles Dance is a boss.

7. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Belwas? (internet search: Fat gladiator game of thrones)

I think he's quite popular among fans of the book. I wonder why he was left out.

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Giant Belwas. Probably left out because his name sounds like an insult?
    You giant belwas!!

9. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  10. Bozza Bostik

"I let each man cut me once, before I kill him. Count the cuts and you will know how many Strong Belwas has slain".

That's like me with my FMA skills!

Edit: I'm nicking that (kinda)!

11. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Hmmm. My favorites, in no particular order are...

Tyrion
    Arya
    Bronn
    Jaqen H'gar (?)
    John Snow
    Syrio
    Varys
    The Hound
    Hodor

12. Bozza Bostik

Yeah, he was interesting. I hope to see more of him! I get the feeling I won't.

13. LemonSloth

Oh definitely, his speech was pretty sensible and killing the mad king is definitely a +1. But at this point, he's still an incestual, arrogant, self righteous bumpkin who has all the charm of a wet pile of tissues in the men's public cubicle. Plus he hurt Stark's leg.

I'm waiting for him to actually jump out and suddenly become cool, but it's not happening.

Tywin though is absolutely the best man to be the Hand of the King at this time, and the actor playing him is just full of boom sauce. Not sure how the "who sits on the iron throne" thing goes after the events of the last episode though. Should be fun to find out!

14. Southpaw535

I'm going to have to take these one at a time. Besmirching such an awesome character requires special attention.

To be very controversial, so what? They're following a long precedent set by the Targaryens and previously were very happy together. Yay for them.

I can't remember enough of his backstory to remember if he was always like that, or if it was a reaction to the hatred dumped on him after he became the Kingslayer. He's open about admitting he had an ego whe he was younger, he compares himself to Loras Tyrell at one point and the arrogance skill at arms brings, but there are exmaples of him being nice. Considering stepping in to stop Aerys raping his wife is one example I can think of.

He has a certain roguish charm though don't you think? A bit like Han Solo's.

No he didn't, a random Lannister soldier did. Jamie then punched that soldier out for doing it.

He's a good hand, but he should be actual king. The others all suck for various reasons. Plus anyone who has awesome quotes like "when your enemies defy you, you must serve them steel and fire. When they go to their knees, however, you must help them back to their feet. Elsewise no man will ever bend the knee to you" deserves some blingy crown. That's king talk! Not some bollocks about "honor" or "justice"

15. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

There's always Joffrey the little… shirt stain.

[​IMG]

Sometimes I put on some nice smooth jazz, light some candles, pour myself a* glass of wine and just watch this gif for hours.

*several.

16. LemonSloth

Yeah, but we're supposed to look down on them. He did push that Stark kid out of the window for it afterall...Brann, was it?

Yeah, that's true. Another plus point for him, I guess.

Funnily enough I always disliked Han Solo, too. Smarmy thug who likes to think he's more important than he is (both of them). Give me Melisandre any day over Jaime. Which is saying something, because Melisandre is a nasty piece of work.

Oh yeah, my bad!

But...him being a doofus put Ned in that position in the first place. And not finishing him off wasn't perhaps the smartest thing to do, either.

Lol, good point. But I seem to remember a speech about the Hand of the King wielding the real power in the kingdom. Not sure if it was him, another character of my wife, but it made sense!

17. LemonSloth

I like your style, man :D

I found this a few months back. It still makes me giggle every time I see it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLOXUGmRKI"]Why I Like Tyrion (Joffrey Gets Slapped) - YouTube[/ame]

18. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

To be absolutely fair, I'd like to push Brann out a window too.

19. Southpaw535

Joffrey's crappy because Cersei coddled him though, not because Jaime is his father. If Robert had been allowed more of an "input" I'm curious how he would have ended up. Although there are signs that he was a genuine psychopath so maybe they were just screwed. But Tommen and Myrcella seem to be lovely.

20. LemonSloth

[​IMG]

Something inside me just...broke.