Game of Thrones S4

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Bozza Bostik, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

:Alien:

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

how i do comporter work make

3. Ero-Sennin

Attached Files:

4. philosoraptor

[​IMG]

plan not working new one plz now now now

5. Ero-Sennin

Day mok' tu nor! Dyuraes!

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

you used the wrong tape. duct tape's the one you want.

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

8. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

9. philosoraptor

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

[​IMG]

11. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

*reads*

*re-reads*

Ooooh, I get it!

Where's that Pulp Fiction still when I need it...

12. LemonSloth

[​IMG]

:p

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  13. LemonSloth

All of my yes:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFSiiiFkvhM&index=17&list=PLwnD0jwK0yynkuwMhuQXbkm2hl9Fd_Nja"]Video Game of Thrones: Super Mario World - YouTube[/ame]

14. LemonSloth

So...last episode of the season was last night...and nobody has anything to say about it?

:wow:

15. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Yes.

Where the hell was LSH?

16. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Unforunately I had my internet cut Saturday and I doubt my phone can handle GOT episodes. I did hear about Stoneheart though. Personally I think its a smart move. Other than a shocking reveal moment she doesn't add anything really to the story to be worth taking up a piece of the short episode length for. And personally, she annoyed me more than anything else. It felt like a deus ex machina twist that went completely against the rules of the GOT universe. Plus how he took an already boring character and made them worse I don't know.

But what did happen? Did Tyrion have his crowning moment of awesome?

17. LemonSloth

Suppose I better spoiler this, just in case:

Well, he certainly left us "quivering" in our seats. :p

I have no idea what the hell was going on with Brann though with the dude in the roots of the tree an' such. I know, wait until next season, but I want the answers now!

18. Southpaw535

Now I've finally watched the finale here are my thoughts in no particular order:

- That explains where the budget went

- I already like the feeling I get from Jon and Stannis interacting on screen.

- Noooo Sandor. You were so awesome and not quite the beast you pretended to be. I'll miss your honest wisdom and insights into the world.

- Arya is a boss. She was my favourite character in the books so I'm a tad biased but I love the way her actress brings her to life. Weirdly by sucking it all out of her. The way she stood there staring at Sandor was great and really brought out what her character is now. And also makes her the scariest person in the show personally.

- I care as much about Bran's stuff in the show as I did in the books.

- Tywin's murder felt disjointed. The lack of explanation about tunnels made it seem like the infamout Imp just took a stroll around the capital castle of Westeros to the hand of the king's tower.

- Removing Tysha I'm unsure about. I get it would sully the Jaime redemption bit but it removes all of Tyrion's motivation.for the rest of his arc.

-Brienne v Sandor fight was cool. If girls getting kicked in the groin hurts as much as I imagine then.she took that like a pro. I feel like there's a joke over her being a virgin there somewhere.

- Poor Dany's dragons. Drogon is the only one who's done anything bad so far so seeing the others locked up and distressed was mean. Although wtf has Dany been doing with them? They went from her children she carried everywhere to.Drogon snapping at her once and then suddenly they're on their own burning kids. This is why you train your pets.

19. LemonSloth

I've always been fond of him even when he was considered a bit of a monster. I found this the second hardest thing to watch in the episode, though at least his last scene was damned dramatic.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not :p

It was a bit of a "huh, so he's over there" kinda moment for me. But it was redeemed with the last interaction of Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage together (presumably). Handled so damn well. I'm glad Tywin didn't resort to begging and tried to keep his usual composure, which was something I was concerned they would do (wifey spoiled that for me before I saw it :mad:)

[quote-Southpaw535]-Brienne v Sandor fight was cool. If girls getting kicked in the groin hurts as much as I imagine then.she took that like a pro. I feel like there's a joke over her being a virgin there somewhere.[/quote]

Haha, you naughty man you :p.

Yeah, that was a good fight. I was half expecting Brienne to try and keep really tidy, pretty form the entire time during the fight so it was nice to see her cut loose and just beat down on the Hound. Really well done.

Yeah, she doesn't have a clue how to handle her own damned dragons. Not much of a "mother of dragons", is she? Watching the dragons being locked up was the hardest thing for me to watch in the episode though. It'll be interesting to see how they treat her after that and what she does with the black dragon (Drogon?).

The way Arya stared down at the Hound though was just...chilling.

20. Southpaw535

I feel sad Charles Dance has to leave. Book Tywin was meh but Dance played him perfectly and humanised him some. He might be a dick but they lost a great ruler and the show lost an amazing actor.