Future move to ON

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Sandninjer, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

Hey,

Some time in the next few years, my wife and I plan on moving to Ontario somewhere within the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). I've heard my sensei hold kyoshi Troy Wideman sensei in much high regard, even a few stories. Upon looking into it, I found that he's conveniently not all too far from Toronto in Kitchener, ON at Mugen Dojo. Unlike previous martial arts, my heart is set on pursuing Ninpo for the rest of my life.

We plan on moving to Canada for a better lifestyle and I've set my heart on training under perhaps the greatest Ninpo/Ninjutsu instructor within the Genbukan in the North America. As such, what would be a great location to consider moving to where I'm within a reasonable driving range of Mugen Dojo in Kitchener while still keeping Toronto within a close distance as well?

Towns, cities, apartments, townhouses, any suggestions would be helpful. My wife's originally from Toronto and her whole family is still there, mostly in Mississauga.

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Troy actually posts on here from time to time - look him up and send him a PM

3. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

Or try him on martial talk, he posts there quite a bit.
    ( just a hint. You may want to tone down the 'greatest master' stuff, whether its true or not. He seems pretty a humble, 'normal'*guy)
    Good luck with the move! I hope it all works out for you.

* 'normal' please note I haven't seen his basement, nor do I have any idea whats in those large boxes he carries down....':)

4. EWBell

EWBell Valued Member

Yes talk with Kyoshi Troy and Mark. I'm sure they can talk with you on your options, and provide the proper guidence.

5. Katsujin-ken

Katsujin-ken Valued Member

I concur with Eric on this. As with anything in our art and org., there are certain reiho that are involved; such would be the case in the event of a move and transferring from one dojo to another. The best thing I would suggest would be to talk with Mark Sensei regarding things, so that he can best prepare you, as well as facilitate the proper introductions and whatnot to ensure a smooth transition.

That said, if Ontario is your future destination, you most certainly can't go wrong with Wideman Kyoshi and the Canadian Genbukan family. They train hard, play hard, and are very friendly and welcoming folks.

That's all for now, I hope to see you in the dojo soon, as I'm sure Mark Sensei and the rest of us have plenty more lessons to impart to you :ninja1:

6. Troy Wideman

Troy Wideman Valued Member

Hello,

You are more then welcome to come check out the kitchener dojo. As to the greatest Genbukan instructor, I would have to defer to Tanemura Sensei, lol. Or my good friend Shihan James Wright.

If you are coming from Sensei Mark Bramble's dojo, there are certain steps that have to take place to transfer from one dojo to another. An introduction letter from your Sensei is usually a good start.

Our group likes to train hard and mix up the training as well. We all get along and there are no politics. I look forward to hopefully seeing you in the next little while.

Kind Regards,

Troy Wideman

7. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

Konnichiwah, sensei! What a small world, had no idea you were on this forum. I enjoy training under Mark sensei and it is truly a blessing, but it would be at least a few years until my wife and I decide to move to Canada. For that reason, I haven't yet spoken about it with anyone yet but will be sure to mention it.

For now, since we are considering the move to Canada any way, we are just scouting for good areas to live in -- and it would also depend on where I'd get a job. Details aside, thank you very much for your reply, sensei.

To Jose sensei and the others, thank you for your responses as well! I'm still searching for areas though :)

8. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

Haha there are at least a few more years that I'll be training with you all! I've enjoyed it a lot so far and only hope that the future brings even more eventful trainings, and intensives ;)

9. Troy Wideman

Troy Wideman Valued Member

Hello,

No problem, your lucky to have Mark as a teacher, very nice guy. Stand up martial artist. He has a great group, which I hope to get to know better as time goes on. When ever you are planning on moving just let Mark know and he will contact me and send me a letter of introductions and his blessing for me to take you on as a student. Without this letter I would not be able to take you on. Unless Tanemura Sensei ordered it for another reason.

Look forward to meeting you in the near future. Keep up the training.

Kind Regards,

Troy Wideman

10. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

Domo arigatou gozaimasu, sensei, will do!