Fut Sao Wing Chun Siu Baat Qwa 4th form

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by MCM_WingChun, Nov 18, 2020.

1. MCM_WingChun

MCM_WingChun Member

This is Buddha Hand Wing Chun's 4th form called Sui Baat Qua, or the little octagon. This form is an advanced footwork form taught to senior advance student in the Fut Sao or Buddha Hand Wing Chun system. This form is revealed for the first time to the general public for educational purposes and for posterity. There is a total of 8 sections this the first section.

The foot work patter is as follows step clockwise 180 degrees the back 180 degrees, then step clock wise 90 degrees then 180 degrees then back.. repeat this 4x then repeat the whole thing counter clockwise..

Grond likes this.
  2. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I'm guessing this is a form that you have created?

3. MCM_WingChun

MCM_WingChun Member

No.. It's a traditional form that is in the Fut Sao lineage even though only a few people know it..

4. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Ooooooo I see.

5. MCM_WingChun

MCM_WingChun Member

Here is the 2nd sectiom of the Siu Baat Qwa form...

Grond likes this.
  6. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

nice to know that thier are fellow non ip man win chungers out there !

We have two non ip man forms in our club. for some reason the videos you posted are not working so I cant see if they are similar.

would love to see what you do.

and to any potential hecklers out there yes - while ip man win chung is the predominant line there are other variations available.

7. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

I can now see the videos. Not the same foot work as from our win chung but interesting none the less. many thanks for sharing.

8. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Yeah. Many moons ago there were a few articles in the US mags about this system. Sorta led one to the conclusion that Yip/Ip's Slant Style WC was a stripped down version.

And a hearty welcome to MCM!

9. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

- Boxing emphasizes jab, cross, hook, and uppercut (offense tools).
    - WC emphasizes Fu Shou, Tan Shou, and Bong Shou (defense tools).

Why?

May I ask a very stupid question here?

If you want to use a technique in this form to kill your opponent, which move will you use, and how?

10. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

why ask a question if you know that it is "very stupid" ?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    aaradia likes this.
  11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

You have really precise footwork! I know very little about kung fu (TC) but your dedication to practice certainly shows.

12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I don't think it's a stupid question, but I don't know what you mean with "emphasizes". Is that really true?

There is nothing in sport boxing meant to kill a person either, really. Defense is the most important element in boxing, and emphasized a lot harder the way I was trained. Because if you want to be a boxer, you need to learn the art of *not* getting hit first and foremost, followed by the art of getting hit and not falling, and then the art of getting hit, falling, and getting back up. Later on you can work on your "falcon punches", individual styles.

IF not, you just aren't going to handle the long game of boxing, you'll just end up broke and punch drunk.

Tom bayley likes this.