Fury vs Klitschko

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Prizewriter, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I think winning will be quite easy for Klitschko.

He's won more than 2.5x as many fights as Fury has had altogether.

He's too good and too wise a champion for Fury to pose a genuine threat.

That, and I generally dislike Fury anyway. :p

3. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

I don't really see how Fury can win, i mean, sure he is bigger, but that is the only thing he's got going for him.

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I think EVERYONE wants Klitschko to win.....simply because its Fury.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I'd like to see Fury knock himself out this time.

6. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

Ha! Don't bet against it. Fury likes to rough house and use his weight when clinching... it will be interesting to see how Wlad deals with that.

7. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

You traitors!!! You want the brittish guy to lose against a clone of Ivan Drago...

Of course joking, Klitschko will make mincemeat with him.

8. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

Okay, I'll try and mount a defence for Fury and list reason it might go his way:

1) Size: At 6'9" and 260 ish pounds on fight night, Wlad will have a harder time manhandling Fury than his other opponents. A part of the Klitschko bros success was mastering clinching when opponents get too close. Fury might make it a hard night for Wlad on that front.

2) Gameness: Fury comes to fight. Sure, we could've said the same of David Haye before he put in a limp performance against Wlad but I don't think Fury, with his background, will try and outbox Wlad. His best chance is to probably go right for him, which is what Fury often does.

3) Lack of intimidation: Like him or loathe him, Fury seems to possess an un-veering self belief. He is the bigger man (unlike most of Wlad's opponents) and although Fury's attempts to get in to Wlads head have been so far tepid, the chances of Wlad intimidating Fury are low. A lot of Wlad's opponents were beaten before the first bell rang, they didn't think they could beat him. Deluded or not, Fury genuinely seems to believe he will KO Wlad.

4) Age: Wlad is a total specimen, he is in great shape, and heavyweights peak later in life generally, but he's not a spring chicken either. Although Fury is less experienced he is also considerably younger and hasn't suffered the early career KO's that Wlad did. Sooner or later Father time will catch up with Wlad.

He's still the underdog by some way, but be it's not a formality for Wlad either.

9. puma

puma Valued Member

Fury might be big, but he's not exactly a specimen! It's hard to imagine his terrible defence against straight right hands staying out of danger against Wladimir for long. Klitschko didn't look good last time out though. I hope he doesn't take Fury lightly and get stuck. I don't think we could stand it if Fury won! Imagine how even more unbearable he'd be!

10. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I'm watching the hype and starting to believe the Fury!! :D
    Hoping for a good match.

11. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I'm at two minds about this. I don't like Fury... But I'm no fan of Drago either... I think I'd be cheering either way. If Fury wins fantastic knocked out a legend, if Drago wins great finally might shut Fury up. Either way I hope it's an exciting fight.

12. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

Fury made him look really bad. Another big upset after Ronda's fight.
    Almost noone was giving him a chance and he ended up schooling Klitschko (or Blitschko as Toney likes to call him :p )
    The only guy I know who spoke highly of Fury's skills was Connor Ruebusch.
    The rest couldn't see past his antics.
    Anyway good for Fury. Let's see how he will fair against Wilder..

PS: The guy gave the most weird after fight interview I have ever seen.
    Crying, singing, praying, apologizing haha. He is crazy!

13. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I feel Fury might end up going on the Voice after his singing.Also I had no idea Hayden Pantierre was engaged to Klitshko

14. B3astfrmthe3ast

B3astfrmthe3ast Warning:Extreme power!!

i predict that fury eats a whole lot of jabs lol

15. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

Both boring fighters.
    These two guys are what heavyweight boxing needs:
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HONBICvDZRU"]Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker 2016 - YouTube[/ame]