Full Contact?

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Bellator Manus, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

Well, hello. I am going to a class soon and I found a acadamy that did Fullcontact Kick Boxing. Well, I had been interested in learning Muay Thia in the past and I know it is a style of kick boxing. But when I tried to find out more about Full Contact I couldn't get any info from their site or searching the web. What can I expect to learn/generally expect from a Full Contact Kick Boxing Class?

2. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

it depends on the structure of the class, your best bet is to check it out for yourself

3. Adam

Adam New Member

I think you might expect full contact kickboxing to be taking place there ;)

If it's American kickboxing, it means no kicks below the belt, no elbows and fighters get seperated if they clinch, as opposed to muay thai, which does all of this.

Go for it. If they spar full contact regularly, there are bound to be a few good fighters there, even within the restrictive ruleset.

4. FortuneFaded

FortuneFaded Feel my Squirrely wrath!

can i add another question?:

What is the opposite of full contact, i.e light contact (as i will be doing it soon) but i wanna know in advance.

Thanks

((yes my first 'statement' was also a question, i know that :D))

5. RCastillo

RCastillo New Member

From one Texan to another, you really want that?

If you wanna go Pro, or go on the amateur curcuit, then I can understand.

Don't go to a place to pay to learn, so that your brains will get scrambled.

You either go to school, or work like the rest of us, so keep your body/marbles intact.

Of course, not telling you what to do, just concerned about health, head injuries.

Good luck! :)

6. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

Thanks for the consern. and I'll keep that in mind when I go visit the school.

7. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

I wouldnt be too worried about full contact. unless you go into the pro circuit the chances of actually being injured are very small.