Fujian White Crane Kung Fu in London

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by herbert, Aug 22, 2013.

1. herbert

herbert Valued Member

I've seen alot of FWC classes springing up all over London recently.

I called one of the instructors of a new class and asked about his experience.
    He said that he had been training for nearly 2.5 years, once per week with his own teacher and that he was planning on teaching 2-3 times per week.
    It seems that the system is pretty authentic, but the commercial side is taking over.

Not having the time at the moment to go and see them, I was wondering what experience of this system others might have had.

2. ned

ned Valued Member

Caveat emptor. With so much choice around today why would anyone choose to learn from someone with so little experience?

3. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I concur. Less than 3 years experience is not enough to be teaching anything. Why not suss out who his teacher is and go train under him or find someone else more experienced?

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

We've had one or two threads about this before. Might be worth doing a search, because I think there was some useful information posted, but I can't remember much of the detail. (Apart from a vague recollection of the replies that I posted!)

5. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

There seams to be a number of different white cranes about in London. Some of them are excellent and definitely the real deal. I attended a competition held by one club about 10 years ago, they had some really nice internal forms on display. But others are a little shaky. One large school professes to teach white crane but once you look into it deeper, it teachers a variation created by their top teacher. Nothing wrong with this per se but it isn't necessarily the traditional thing.

The key is to do your research.