Fugitive 5k

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KaliKuntaw, Aug 4, 2013.

1. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

My Bride and i finished a 5k obstacle course on a Ski resort in CT called the Fugitive. The theme is escaping prison. It starts out with people in holding pen with wrists zip tied. After escaping the zip ties and the holding there is a long climb up a mountain and 15+ obstacles. The mountain was brutal. Anyone interested in cardio, strength, and building survival skills should check out mud runs and obstacle courses. This was our 9 th. Next week, God willing, we hit the Spartan Sprint for more butt kicking endurance work in Amesbury Mass on another mountain.
    Maybe ill see you there.

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Good stuff! How did you do?

I'd love to join you for a mud race , sadly I'm a bit far away!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  3. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Hoo! Sounds like lots of fun, besides any cardio benefit.
    Bad luck there's nothing like this here, unless you want to go stealing the neighbour's watermelons and waiting for him to find out :eek:
    Added to my personal list of "things to do as soon as you get the chance".

4. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

There probably is something close, mud run maybe. You just need to hook up with the running community.

I thought there was nothing around here, but I've just this weekend found 2 night runs and a mud run in near by cities.

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I've been told I'm doing this next year

http://www.totalwarrior.co.uk/

I've never ran that far in my life! I hope to god the person that want me to go wears really short shorts. That way i'll just follow her :)

6. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

We should field a Map team :)

I can do the catering :)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  7. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

I have three spartans and a warrior dash aug-sept.

8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

My wife really wants to do a couple of these dang things. I got enough of it in the Marine Corps honestly, only their courses aren't built and inspected, they're "courses" with obstacles that were just built through swamps with all the natural wildlife (snakes and gators) just hanging around with random pieces of serpentine wire strung about. The organized runs like the spartan race look like they're meant to be fun instead of a haze fest though. I would like to do a serious mud one in the winter time. My wife hates the cold and she'll probably never ask to do it again if she does a run in the cold where she's wet/muddy : P.

9. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

I did lots f them in the Army but they are much more enjoyable without the battle rattle.

10. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Doing those runs in full gear absolutely suck. Not to mention you have to clean all of it later. Nothing like a barracks room half the size of a hotel room with 3 occupants all trying to dry their muddy, wet gear out : P.

11. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

Oh yes and then cleaning the barracks and painting all of the gear that may have gotten chips of green scraped off of gear that was raggedy when i was issued the thing....lol

I turned in all of my gear in better shape than it was issued!
    Plus, i payed for my gear that i wrote my last four on because apparently when sgt's tell you to write your last 4 and your name on the gear it makes it unserviceable!..... hahahahaha