Fudoshin

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by puma, Sep 6, 2012.

1. puma

puma Valued Member

2. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

It looks like this was formed by the late Professor Robert Lawrence:

http://britishfudoshin.wordpress.com/profiles/bob-lawrence-judan-eagle/

It appears he joined the British Jujitsu Association and if it is the same one I'm thinking of then I believe they were training in something called juko-ryu ju jitsu which was supposedly derived from hontai yoshin ryu.

The videos look like it may have other things added like Mr. Lawrence's shotokan, aikido and judo background and other things.

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Juko-ryu has been covered extensively over on E-Budo.

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Just to make it clear Juko ryu has no tangible collection to any Actual Japanese Ryuha.

5. puma

puma Valued Member

Thanks for the info. It's is just that they are a group that has come up on the Karate section as it appears that they are somehow connected to Senshi-ryu. The founder of this style makes some claims that seem, well, a little far fetched.

6. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

I did say "supposedly" :p

Thanks for clarifying

7. puma

puma Valued Member

Did anyone look at the vidoes on that last link? What did you think?

8. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

couldnt get 10 seconds into first video without alarms going off. WTH is a "mauve" belt!? Such strange reiho too..

*edit anything with the word "juko" in it should send anyone running in the other direction.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  9. puma

puma Valued Member

There was an Australian branch that had dudes swinging sticks about in what looked like a foyer or hallway entrance. To be fair, although I don't know much about the Jo, it seemed alright. But then there was another guy in a blue top, I think from England, not sure, that well, didn't seem too talented shall we say.