From the Family of Noah (of Noah's Ark fame) comes modern kung fu and karate

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by lin kwei zhiing, Mar 11, 2021.

1. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note and warning: Spamming is absolutely against the TOS. This, indeed all rules in our TOS, includes using the Private Message system. I would encourage anyone who has communicated that they do not wish to be PM'd to report those messages sent afterwards via the report function. It works just like reporting a post in the forums.

As near as I can tell from digging around, only admins can see PM's UNLESS the report function is used.

Violations of the TOS will result in moderator action, including possible bans. The Terms of Service for MAP can be found by clicking on the "Terms and Rules" button on the bottom right hand corner of every page.

Shmook and Xue Sheng like this.
  2. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Yea,and what a coincidence that such a stone was found in a place which was heavily settled hundreds of years later by folks of Norse descent.I mean, wow! Watta de odds?

What's the truth behind Minnesota's Kensington Runestone?

here's the gist-

"Henrik Williams, a professor at Sweden’s Uppsala University and one of the world’s top authorities on rune stones, said the language on the stone looks like modern Swedish, rather than anything spoken or written in the 1300s.

“The single most compelling piece of evidence that proves the Kensington Runestone to be a 19th century product is the system of runes used, which doesn’t occur before late in that century and must be a rather modern development,” Williams wrote in an email. “No scientific evidence of any kind supports a 14th century dating.”

and he ain't the first.

Altho the OP will of course ignore any such non fairy tale info.

3. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Uh, Dougie-instead of sending me a nearly incomprehensible PM howzabout actually engaging in meaningful discussion regarding your historical claims?

Oh,yeah. Such discussions are out of your league.

Have fun snowing people,especially certain "believers" with your purporting to be factual but actually fictional writings.

4. lin kwei zhiing

lin kwei zhiing New Member

I have been studying this phenomenon for 40 yrs...hmm

5. lin kwei zhiing

6. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

If, after 40 years of "study", you are still believing this nonsense, I would question your research methodology.

Shmook likes this.
  7. lin kwei zhiing

so why are there complex dna codes, high mathematics and the like embedded in the bagua and I-Ching? this stuff was only discovered in the late 20th century. bagua etc., is 5,000 years ago. where did it come from who made it?
    these studies are non-linear, very abstract, I understand your disdain, but its there. Words are martial art, in fact, they are much more powerful than the physical aspects of the arts, so treat this stuff like, a word kata or technique of sorts from an unusual source I like u.ur interesting

all this stuff is on the internet, been studying this for 40 yrs... and u? the spirit of the arts tells us to learn, to challenge and grow, not be fixated, See internet

See outliar concept:

An entity outside the norm. Pronounced "out-liar," an outlier may refer to a person, organization or to data way outside the normal range. See anomaly detection.

One that exists outside or at an extreme of a category, pattern, or expectation; an extreme case or exception.

A value far from most others in a set of data.

A person, thing, or fact that is very different from other people, things, or facts, so that it cannot be used to draw general conclusions:

Statistics: an observation that is well outside of the expected range of values in a study or experiment, and which is often discarded from the data set

Antinomy: a contradiction between two apparently equally valid principles or between inferences; an apparent contradiction between valid conclusions; a paradox.

the master's ...
    Take existing literature, listen to existing authorities and test it for yourself. If it works, adapt it. If it doesn’t work, reject it. But before you reject it, make sure you know why it didn’t work. Dan Inosanto

The only way to be sure something is valid is what master Funakoshi of shōtōkan said: “The only means we have at our disposal to evaluate the kata that are doubtful, or the ones that need to be researched more thoroughly, is to become adept at them through practice piled on practiced. Then, based on the accumulated experience, we can finally arrive at a personal evaluation or opinion” (Nyūmon, p. 49).

Speaking of trees and their differing decorative branches, Bruce Lee (Tao, p. 23) once remarked that it was futile to pick out what flowering branch looked the best, that, “when you understand the root, you understand all its blossoming.”

Info on internet many

https://katyawalter.com/genetics/

DNA and the I Ching: The Tao of Life Paperback – January 27, 1993
    by Johnson F. Yan (Author)

A startling correlation between ancient knowledge and ultra-modern science is explored in DNA and the I-Ching

me

I-Ching (Yì Jīng). The Book of Changes is a compilation, a metaphysical system of philosophy that was created around 3,000 years ago. Some however, would put its antecedent at about 5,000 years, It is said to have been fashioned by Fuxi (Hi, Hsi, Bao xi, Paoxi, Pao-hsi, et al.) Fuxi lived c. 2800 BC, and was the creator of painting, silk farming, calligraphy, musical strings guqin —classic instrument of all sages) animal husbandry, fishing w/nets and hunting w/weapons made of iron. Without further ado, Fuxi is aka “Heaven’s Patron” and he has a title, Baguazushi, the “Venerable Inventor of the Bagua” so-called by his Taoist entourage.

Fu Xi is assumed, in China by the Chinese themselves, to be the first ancestor to Mankind. Chinese belief states that their first king, Fu-xi was ‘first sighted on the Mountains of Chin immediately after the world had been covered with water.’ Fuxi had a family of eight–his Jia Zu “eight trigram family—three sons, three daughters (in-laws?), and wife. The Chinese call Fuxi “The Chinese Noah,” and he has a title, Baguazushi, the “Venerable Inventor of the Bagua” called by his own Taoist entourage. I-Ching is the derivative of yīnyáng, and today is composed of eight Bagua trigrams, which, when combined in sundry ways, cipher up to *64 in number

8. Dan Bian

I think a lot of what you've just typed doesn't mean what you think it means.

For all of your attempts to come off as knowledgeable and educated, all I see if fluff.

Also, if the concept of Bagua is 5,000 years old, as you state, and the bible teaches that the world is only around 4,000 years old, where does that leave us?
    Either the bible is wrong (most likely) or the historically verifiable fact that a concept dates back that far is wrong (unlikely).

Being able to copy and paste chunks of text, out of context, from random internet sources isn't "research".

Dead_pool likes this.
  9. Dan Bian

In the interests of discussion;

Do you practice martial arts? If so, what do you study? And for how long?

Dead_pool likes this.
  10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

DNA has 64 combinations, so has Bagua and my old commodore 64, also had 64Kin memory, K is the 11th letter from A (alpha) but If you take the 4 away from this the K becomes a G, which shows you how 64 is both the god number, and my computer was infact God.

Now you may be saying, what does God need in a reasonably priced home computer, but you've got the quote wrong as it's actually "what does God need with a starship"

And with this I have proved that Spock the vulkan is infact God himself.

That what your posts read like.

Mangosteen and Dan Bian like this.
  11. Dan Bian

I answered my own question, re: OP's training:

"Author Douglas Laurent, M.A., English, B.A., Film is a graduate of Northeastern Illinois University and Columbia College in Chicago, and has been a martial artist since 1973. He holds Shodan rank in Yamashita-Shorin-Ryu Karate and is an adept in Filipino martial arts and Wing-chun Kung fu. His passion is ancient history. As a Genesis researcher and martial coach with over 40 years of experience, he found that many Bible-believing practitioners do not have an adequate “defense of the faith” when it comes to dealing with the martial ways and lore that today are dominated by Evolutionism and Mysticism.
    Hence, MNArk defines the Creation-based Genesis perspective on the Mars Arts and offers biblical martial strategists in this, their respective field of “martial calling,” unique and penetrating insights into the martial cosmos–the histories and fables that comprise today’s popular martial arts."

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Seems more like you've spent 40 years trying to bolster your prior belief in the truth of the bible and creationism.

Dead_pool likes this.
  13. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

This is all well and good, but it utterly fails to account for the importance of the number 42.

hewho, Grond and Dead_pool like this.
  14. Dead_pool

42 is made of two numbers,
    4 x 2 is 8,

8x 8 = 64,

Checkmate atheists!

hewho and Dan Bian like this.
  15. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

Can I call you Guru?

Dead_pool likes this.
  16. Dead_pool

You can call me whatever you like, true Godhead doesn't depend on titles, or Al, Al is good!

hewho, Grond, Xue Sheng and 1 other person like this.
  17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

From this passage I took away "too much Darwin and Eastern philosophy in martial arts, not enough Jesus". But Jesus was a pacifist, Asia has experienced thousands of years of warfare, and Darwin kind of owns natural selection.

Something does not compute, possibly because the author has degrees in English and film and not history, anthropology, or archaeology.

Dead_pool and Dan Bian like this.
  18. Dead_pool

axelb likes this.
  19. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

That of course may not be as impressive as it sounds..... if you have read only 1 book and written 2.....but then it also says...you don't read your own books....but you wrote them....but you did not read them...illogical...illogical

Dead_pool and axelb like this.