From the Family of Noah (of Noah's Ark fame) comes modern kung fu and karate

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by lin kwei zhiing, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

I believe I’ve identified the true topic of this book. I went ahead and bolded and underlined the key word for everyone.

Dan Bian and Dead_pool like this.
  2. Flying Crane

Double post

3. Flying Crane

It just occurred to me that maybe what Nimrod the Brutal really invented was Tigger style. I hear it’s quite bouncy.

Dead_pool, hewho and Grond like this.
  4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Actually on further review the graphic posted is conflating separate ancient flood myths. There are Mesopotamian myths, the Noah myth, and even Indian myths that are all very similar (a massive flood, a savior, animals, a big boat).

However there is practically no geological or historical evidence of a global flood as described in some of these stories. Then again, to these cultures their own backyard was most of the "world" they ever knew unless they traveled far.

On the black tiger note, I happen to have seen pictures of a black tiger (i.e. pseudo-melanistic) before. These two were born at Nandankanan Zoological Park in India several years ago. They are the same species as a normal tiger, just with a rare stripe pattern. As you can see, when the stripe density is this great, it can give the appearance of a black coat especially at a distance.

[​IMG]

hewho and Flying Crane like this.
  5. Flying Crane

Yes, the flood myth is part of the identity mythology of several groups of people, but is not meant (by modern standards) to be taken literally. I am aware that there are people who seek to link archaeological evidence to support specific biblical stories as historical truth. In most cases those links are weak at best and likely wishful thinking if we are being honest with ourselves.

Thanks for sharing the tiger pics, that is interesting.

6. hewho

hewho Valued Member

As the forefather of black tiger, was he self promoted... or did he earn his stripes?

Mushroom, Nachi and Flying Crane like this.
  7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Well this thread gave me the laugh I needed tonight :D

bassai and Xue Sheng like this.
  8. Flying Crane

Glad to help.

9. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Seen it..no...heard it

It's also an Album

I wonder if Noah wrote the music

Flying Crane and Grond like this.
  10. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

You mean....panthers?

11. Xue Sheng

anthers are more
    Panthers are more along the line of a black leopard. Unless you are asking about Black Panthers... then that was a Black Power political organization founded by college students Bobby Seale and Huey P. Newton in October 1966 in Oakland, California. But I don't think Noah had anything to do with that...although the OP may be able to produce a chart that says he did

12. Flying Crane

Nope. I believe the statement was “black tiger”.

13. Flying Crane

Maybe there is an allegorical connection there.

At any rate, I believe both leopards and jaguars can both occasionally exhibit a black fur as a rare coloration variant with their spots still visible underneath in bright sunlight. I’ve never heard of that in a tiger.

14. Flying Crane

Black tiger, from Wikipedia and as @Grond pointed out:

Black tiger

My other question still stands: does a black tiger fight differently from an orange or white tiger? Why do we need a distinct system?

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

It was in jest....

Also gotta think which of these actually existed in China as inspiration or were the moves created and named to sound cool.

16. Xue Sheng

My question is.....is there a Tigger style...and what did Noah have to do with the 100 acre wood?

[​IMG]

axelb, Flying Crane and Dead_pool like this.
  17. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I believe he chopped many of the trees down from there to make the ark.

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  18. Flying Crane

Well that is my theory: that Nimrod the Grandiose invented it. At least allegorically.

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  19. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Tigger style, like the rest of the allegated style sounds ridickorous.

Flying Crane and Dead_pool like this.
  20. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Many takedowns wouldn't work against a Tigger, not only would the dead angle not be open to attack backwards, but even if you took him down with a forward throw, (very hard without a gi) he would just bounce bounce bounce back up again, with a look of fun fun fun on his face, meanwhile your more tired then Christopher Robbin past his bedtime.

You might be onto something!

Tom bayley, Grond, axelb and 2 others like this.