From the Family of Noah (of Noah's Ark fame) comes modern kung fu and karate

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by lin kwei zhiing, Mar 11, 2021.

1. lin kwei zhiing

lin kwei zhiing New Member

Nimrod, the mighty hunter "before the Lord" was a brilliant martial artist in the extremage. He is the forefather of black tiger kung fu, and the ancient dragon styles. In fact, Wutang Temple in China is dedicated to his teachings...

Attached Files:

2. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

No.

Wutang/Wudang is a Daoist temple. The rest of what you're saying is tosh too.

Xue Sheng and axelb like this.
  3. lin kwei zhiing

lin kwei zhiing New Member

Sez you. Would you like a copy of my book, 'Martial Arts on Noah's Ark' as a mind-sword for your martial tool kit? You can see it on Amazon.com or I can send you a master copy over the line, no frills, no hidden expenses. Why? because I can and besides, it is a massive education you will not get anywhere else on this orb. make you into a dynamo of concepts of high potent, and if taken to heart, you will gain x-ray vision better n' superman. As one of my teacher's said, 'as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.' come my friend dlaurent
    ps- see 'The Lady and the Samurai,' 'Martial Arts Notebook Phoenix College,' and 'Valley of the Damned' epic poem, etc., if you want to go hyper-art

4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

ahhhh...no...that is wrong on so many levels

Agreed

Says me too

And I can prove it, in my forthcoming book, soon to be on Amazon...."Martial Arts has nothing to do with Noah's Ark." I will be producing a lineage chart later that has absolutely no historical proof behind it soon to prove my hypothesis

I've studied Chinese martial arts history.... there is no connection to the Biblical Noah at all

axelb and Dan Bian like this.
  5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

How about you state your evidence here on MAP? Since this is the place you state your claim, this is the place to back it up.

Personally, I have a serious issue with this claim. No offense, but it reeks of cultural appropriation. Trying to claim martial arts, steeped in the cultures of where they come from, come from somewhere else is disrespectful to that culture. As a traditional Chinese martial artist, I will respect the actual historical gift the Chinese have given to my life.

But, using the bible to take away from others really isn't new now, is it?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  6. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

No thanks. Keep your book. I have a bidet and a good supply of toilet paper. Maybe someone else needs the paper.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'll take a hard pass on the book but I do like the word "extremage" though.

8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Nimrod's real identity has never been discovered by historians so I wonder where you got that image, it looks like someone made it in MS Paint. Although I'd agree there is plenty of archaeological evidence of such a person (or composite of persons) existing, there is no way you could create a chart like this and be remotely accurate. You're basically leaving out most of Mesopotamian history, but adding in all sorts of questionable things that don't make sense, like a connection between Sumeria and China. It's about 6500km between Baghdad and Wuhan.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  9. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Noah learned Tiger style whilst on the Ark?

And it happened to look like Fu Jow? Im confused...

10. Xue Sheng

Well he did have two of every animal on there...and possibly dinosaurs too..... so it is possible...for the price of a ticket on the ark...he had them train him their fighting styles.... tiger, crane, etc.... but then of course he link would be to Shaolin...not Wudang

11. Mushroom

So Noah was Chinese?

12. Flying Crane

There is a huge assumption that the biblical Noah story with the flood is historically accurate. A huge assumption.

Shmook and Grond like this.
  13. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Isn't Trevor Noah South African / American?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Martial-Arts-Noahs-Ark-Genesis/dp/B08D4SJWH6

Ahhh self publishing, where only the best quality literature is published, and not cheap cash grabs at all.

"Secular martial readers will also find MNArk interesting and challenging, it covering topics such as anthropology, archaeology, angelology, error, physics, analysis, zoomorphology, art, biography (Bruce Lee), history, animal systems, shape-shifting, prayer, icons, kata, theology, propaganda, demons, world beliefs, weapons, controversies, life strategies, cults, techniques, swordplay, board games (ludology), linguistics, literature, myths, masks, philosophy, politics, pop-culture, science, the spirit realm, sports, style analysis, etc. Whatever the subject may be, from chess to feng shui and from Sun Tzu to Sherlock Holmes, "

Grond likes this.
  14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

angel-ology!?!

Dead_pool likes this.
  15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

A meta analysis of the work of david boreanaz et Al.

Specifically why the last season is so good!

S514 Angel.png

Grond and Mushroom like this.
  16. Mushroom

I wished this was a topic during my film school studies.

Dead_pool likes this.
  17. Xue Sheng

No, of course not, that would be just too silly....and even though Newton and Leibniz came up with Calculus independently of each other in seperate countries..... we all know it is impossible for something as complicated as punching and kicking each other in the head to originate with one person and only one person....there is no way more than one person could come up with various martial arts practices....... So it all came from Noah.......

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  18. Xue Sheng

I'm still trying to figure out what Gopher wood is....don't confuse matters with pesky historical proof

19. Flying Crane

Maybe it’s really just an allegory. Maybe this Nimrod fellow didn’t ACTUALLY found Black Tiger kung fu in a historical sense, but maybe he did it allegorically. I’ve heard there is a lot of that kind of stuff in the holly bibble.

20. Flying Crane

And I’ve gotta ask: has anyone seen a black tiger? In real life? Even in a zoo, if not in the wild? And does it fight differently from a white tiger or a regular run-of-the-mill boring old orange tiger?