From rags to riches and back again

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by The Decay of Meaning, Mar 1, 2010.

1. The Decay of Meaning

The Decay of Meaning Valued Member

Ever seen the movie "Fun with Dick and Jane" with Jim Carrey who stars as Dick, a guy who goes from having successfull life to living in a ditch? This is a pretty similar story.

A year ago, I was the happiest guy in the world. I had a girlfriend and we were living together. I go a part time job for the first time. I started doing BJJ after a few years away from martial arts. I also had a few really good friends.

This was in Janary and February last year. What happened?

My girlfriend cheated. We break up after a few months after. The landlord wants the apartment back.

I end up in a house up in the woods. Oh well, I lost the love of my life. At least I am left with my friends.

Then a month after getting settled in the new house, one of my better friends ditch me at the airport when I found out I have no money. I don't know how to get home, I'm stuck at the airport. He says he has just enough money for himself, but goes on to buy food and take the train home. I lose one of my better friends.

Then I found out my best friend has been talking behind my back and playing games for the past 2 years.

I lose them as well.

Then things go crap at work, and I go to the doctor and say I can't take this anymore.

I get involved with a girl, but she is a slut and slept with a guy the day before she had sex with me the first time we met, then she had sex with some other guy while we were having a sort-of relationship. I lose her.

I try to move from the house up in the woods. In addition to being far away, there are also ghosts there. I mean real0 ghosts who throws things in front of everybody and at people even. Anyways, I can't get a new place, so now I hve to live with my mom.

I was going to live with the new girl if I didn't get a new apartment, but of course that failed as well.

Oh, I asked my father if he wanted to help me with the moving (as he usually does), but he said he didn't want to. And he pretty much said he didn't want to help me again. I am not surprised though, he was never that much of a caring person.

So my mother and I had to do all the moving. A new friend I got invited himself to come over to help me, but he ditched me and pretended he left his phone at work.

I've been in bar fights because I don't care about conflict resolving when bullies try to create fights. I feel I am getting slowly psychotic. It's hard to deal with this situation.

I hate my life and I am extremely upset, and it snapped a few weeks ago. I gave the laptop a right straight and I smashed it. So I was without a computer at school. This isn't normal behavior, it's the behavior of someone who is at the brink of giving up.

Right now, I am left with no-one! Just my mother who I have to live with now. Isn't this crazy? From having a great life to having nothing, nothing at all. No girl, no friends, no father, no home. I feel I have less control over myself emotionally and mentally as well because of the situation. But only a year ago, my life was wonderful.

Have you experienced anything similar?

Is this just a spectacular series of events that drag my life to the bottom, or is this pretty normal?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Stay with it ....we all go thru bad times and feel it is really crap for me ....but reality is it will get better ...try not to dwell on the past you cant change it . You have your Mother as a base and support that is more than a lot of people have .

Tomorrow may bring happiness ...who knows

Smurf

3. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

i read your whole message and as i was reading i was wondering is this a wind up or is this from a movie or sumthing but the more i read i realised this is your life.

Firstly, we all go thru bad patches in life, I myself went thru some bad stages in my life back in 2008 - lost my grandad - lost my job - and mother was in intensive care/ had multiple organ transplants - was crazy.

anyways, all i am gonna say is dont let it get u down, i know, easier said than done, but when u start feeling down or sorry for yaself is when u start to spiral outta control where u start feeling depressed and question why your friends or so called friends did this etc.

life, offers so much. lots of learning curves, see this as a lot of lessons all in one.

you make your own life, nobody makes it for u, so start doing the stuff u like (ma) , enjoy, u will meet ppl and make real friends - same with work, and all aspects of ya life. sort it bit by bit, and you will the guy who went from nothin to everything.

4. Rhizome

Rhizome Super Valued Member

i have experienced much the same situation as yourself mate, lost my girl, my mates, fell into major addiction to hard drugs, drink due to unresolved health issues. But you need to stand up and think there are people worse off in the world.

All the things you have lost dont look that you lost them, look as if there their to gain again.

And take the stress out on a heavy bag and in your training.

5. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Be strong as you can.Stay as cool as you can. And please dont make the wrong choices. Regret,sadness, and bitterness is a rough road. Keep posting and vent here it will help.