Froch V Groves II

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Simon, Feb 13, 2014.

1. puma

puma Valued Member

There is talk that if Froch vacates, which is very possible, DeGale could fight Groves for the title. I find it incredible that DeGale is ranked so high.

2. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

There is now talk of Froch vs. chafatz in vegas. The Ward fight that Froch had talked about since his loss to him isn't one that they are apparently interested in considering Froch would likely lose again, and maybe by KO/TKO this time. Golovkin has also said he would love to fight Froch.

3. puma

puma Valued Member

I think that fight for Froch is sensible. Fight the chubby druggy, then retire. Although he won against Groves, I'm not too sure he can still mix it with the best, ie, Ward. Too many wars, old age, and when a fighter starts even mentioning the word "retirement" you wonder if the desire to dig deep that was once there is going to last much longer.

4. Saved_in_Blood

Man, he would never be able to hang with Ward at ANY time in his career.. it doesn't matter when it was. Ward is to good for pretty much any super middle weight out there... period.

5. puma

puma Valued Member

True.

Just reading back through this. Holyheadjch, what is IBJJF? It's not smutty is it? :p And I think when you look back over Froch's career, I think you will find he has had some tremendously exciting moments.

6. Saved_in_Blood

Froch has a better resume than most current SMW's save for Ward... actually, you could argue that his is second best in the division perhaps.

7. puma

puma Valued Member

And possibly the toughest. Incredible spirit.

8. Saved_in_Blood

I wonder now if most think the first fight stoppage was still premature? I actually felt like Groves was starting to break under the pressure, as well as his stamina fading.

9. puma

puma Valued Member

Yeah, to be honest it wasn't the worst stoppage I've ever seen. Although the ref seemingly putting Groves in a headlock was a little odd. I said at the time if it wasn't stopped then, it was only a matter of time. I don't believe Groves would have lasted, and despite what he said afterwards, I think he knew. But Froch has answered all questions now by stopping him a round earlier anyway.