[Freestyle/Sporting MA] top 3 martial arts mix

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by MATT_LIQUID, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I used to write stuff like that when I was 15, we've all got to grow up sometime :)

Also you forgot:

Tai chi relaxation

Karate power

Boxing punches

Thai Boxing clinch

Iaido awareness

2. spidersfrommars

spidersfrommars Valued Member

I believe you mean Iaido OCD :p

3. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

aside from the major discusion on situation i recon to turn yourself into an unarmed machine

karate: done old school- WKF fighters may find issue
    jujitsu
    tai kickboxing or muay tai

4. Kraken

Kraken Valued Member

Pankration : for an overview of all areas of combat and getting practice sparring in stand up and ground, getting uused to grappling while being hit also getting used to putting everything else you have learned into practice, plus learning things along the way.

Muay thai: to specalize in standing up techniques, i picked muay thai over other striking arts like boxing and kick boxing because of the use of all limbs and the clinch work wich is invaluable , plus good practice useing low heavy kicks

Freestyle wrestling/sambo/judo/BJJ/catch-as-catch-can : Because grappling is so diverse any wide range of styles can be usefull cant just pick one because they all have somthing to offer depending on what the individual is into ,not that isnt the same for striking arts aswell , muay thai is just the meanest combative striking art i could think of useing the whole body and including stand up grappling,freestyle wrestling for some quick shooting intense training and ground control , sambo for leglocks , judo cause throwing someone gaining a dominate position and finishing someone with a submission is a direct way to end a fight, BJJ for lots of practice on your back using the guard and innovative submissions , and catch wrestling cause its old school and thats awesome.

hope u had as much fun reading that as i did writting it :rolleyes:

5. kuretza

kuretza New Member

Boxing,freestyle wrestling and karate

6. Raik

Raik New Member

Don't make the mistake in thinking that Karate is purely a stand up art. Kyokushin Budokai and Daido Juku both have a strong emphasis on newaza/ground fighting.

[​IMG]