[Freestyle/Sporting MA] points fighter in continuos fight

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by kevamania, Jul 19, 2004.

1. jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs Valued Member

i forgot to mention this in my last post but maybe you are putting too much in your punches, IE meaning your arm isnt relaxed enough to change directions in an initation for strikes.

making sure your arm is relaxed allows for great control of not only force, but of redirection of attacks, like if you feint high and then attack low or vice versa.

2. By continuous, are we talking of any style where the match is not exessively stopped and started (light, full etc), or just light-con?

3. Lance Havock

Lance Havock New Member

The point fighter will do fine, he may not win but I doubt he will be utterly destroyed. I would suggest you all take a look at the ISKA rated point tourney's the main difference is that you stop and reset after a soild point is made.

But then again I did point spar for about ten years and I have a very eay transition to kickboxing and now I do MMA. I can be honest in the fact that the only hangup I have is that I don't like to be hit in the face(like any fighter).

4. Lance Havock

Lance Havock New Member

Oh and BTW I really wish kung-fu people would stop the whole KF people would do more MMA if they could bite and scratch. But then again Keith hackney is one of only a few that really gave royce a good fight.