Francis Fong Academy in Atlanta

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by totto, Oct 2, 2006.

1. totto

totto New Member

So I am looking for a school to train in for wing chun and this seems like the place to go. With an occasional visit from guru Dan Inosanto I think that this is a good place to start. I have been wanting to do wing chun for a while and am looking for a good school. Any thoughts, comments?

Here is the website for the school.

www.francisfongacademy.com

2. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Very lively instructor.Speaks southern accent American English with a Chinese accent.(I'd never heard "y'all" from a Chinese instructor before!)Very strong on takedowns and such,too.Excellent instructor.Very realistic outlook on fighting/techniques.Go.

3. KevinG

KevinG New Member

Great school but don't expect to see Sifu very often. He travels the world giving seminars and whatnot. And the Dan Inosanto visits - you'll have to pay a couple hundred for those because when he comes its for a seminar.

I loved training there but I was younger and couldn't afford it so I had to drop. I was 16 or 17 working part time and going to school and also making car payments. The tuition was pretty steep even back then - can't imagine what it is at now.

4. CCG2

CCG2 Valued Member

whoa I was actually checking it out how much is the tuition exactly?

5. totto

totto New Member

not sure how much the tuition is...but it can't be more than the Jason Lau school here.......that one is $600 upfront AND you are only on a trial basis....they have to accept you into the school first. I have an appt. today with the francis fong school at 6:30 and hopefully I can find out more info about it and how much the tuition is. Hopefully no more than 70-80 dollars.......but I doubt it. Any one else a part of the program?