For the Sake of Clarification

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Vajrayana, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

from last time we saw each other I changed a lot in the terms of these two things and I noticed there is no other arts involved or no needed.its make it more simple.the principles make the whole thing very tight and simple.but need train really hard because its not easy thought.i allways hear guys tell about simplicity but its very difficult to make it eork and requires lots of practice.
    Cheers Tel

2. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

Go and see instructors and take the guide you think it makes sense mate.

3. shootodog

shootodog restless native

so how does your jkd lineage look?

4. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

Visited various instructors privately before I get to Tommy.
    Btw he hold a seminar soon in new york with Richard Torres and Leo Fong if anybody interested to see Tommy and compare principles and concept.

5. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Isnt he a actor on CSI?

6. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

This doesn't even make sense. Can you type properly next time? This is a jumbled mess.

7. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

The principles matters nothing else you need really and common sense.when u watch the burton interview he asked lee what stuffs he do and lee said finger in the eye,kick to the groin and stuffs...if you take the pieces and put them together you get a really simple thing.oh yes it just need to train hard but it takes effort isnt it..

TRANSLATION;

"You really need common sense when principle matters.
    I watched the Burton/Lee interview and I did not know about common sense and principles.
    Therefore, if I train hard, I don't need either-common sense or principles."
    :evil:

8. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

LOL,I bet this is your primary job haha

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

This is just weak Sheever

Do you weight train?
    Do you run?
    Do you skip?

Why? Attributes - they develop them

Now ask why we do Kali? A lot is connected to the weaponry, but the other is because of the attributes it brings out.

What do you do for YOUR weapons?
    Come to that how is your grappling?

Don't presume to come on here and regurgitate what you have been told - Tommy is NOT the voice of JKD despite what you think to the contrary. Bruce said it himself - the fact you cannot see this is sad, because you are spitting on his legacy

10. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

well.this one was really weak mate.

11. Hannibal

nice riposte :rolleyes:

12. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

The principals are best reflected in Bruce's, methods, tools and strategies. To be best at those principals, you need to use those tools as your base at the very most and nothing else. To make it your own you fine tune them to your ability and find ways of making them work in more senarios. To improve on them you practice them AND THEM ONLY until you realise that no matter how much you practice them there is still more room for improvement. JKD = direction. That direction starts best from where bruce left it. SIMPLE!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  13. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

What Tommy says makes a lot of sense except when its regurgitated through someone elses mouth. Unfortunately I find the same with a lot of what Inosanto says. Hence why so many people under him talk about attributes attributes attributes like there is this thing called attributes and as long as I'm trying to get it I can use it for anything.

You don't build attributes for punching better by twirling a weopon and doing sinawali drills....you do that by working on your punch! If you make a habit of hitting people with weopons then yes that might be a start.

You don't learn how to fight against a superior grappler by practicing how to grapple endlessly.....you do that by learning how to fight against it.

You don't get better at JKD by doing Muay Thai, Karate or Silat or Pangomut. You get better at JKD by doing JKD.

14. Hannibal

And the asininity continues.....

Speed, timing, sensitivity, endurance, balance, flexibility.....these are not exactly abtract constructs are they? So I wonder what we can call them?

Oh yeah - attributes

The comment about "fighting against grappling" has been done to death so much it is not even worth entering into. The counter to grappling is grappling - anyone that states otherwise has never actually met a grappler let alone gone against one.

It does not mean you match them grapple for grapple, but you HAVE to have mechanics of grappling down so you can introduce any counter you have. By the way, 1993 called - they want their paradigm shift back

I will ask you the same I ask every one of the "R34l D34dly JKD" cronies - list the difference between what you call JKD and Jun Fan

15. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

yep.and altough our abilities are different the principles still the same end the tools too.and get to the point again its need to work to sharpen it.thats it.

16. Hannibal

Simplicity within the context of JKD is refinement of any given tool, not the restriction of the number of tools one possesses - that is from Sijo himself

17. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

Hannibal as long as 1 hand is free the eye can be pushed out.f... the grappling.
    what is not my match i am not playing it.so easy.now see whats the simplest???

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  18. Hannibal

Wrong, wrong and more wrong - and again indicative of no experience

You would be either unconscious, snapped or maimed if you tried that against a grappler - If we are rolling you will not be able to get your hands to my eyes, and even if you do I will move and your eyes will be popped out of their socket within seconds because in effect you have brought a pencil sharpener to a knife fight.

Do you really think a grappler will go "Oh no! a foul! I have never thought of that!" - grapplers are the dirtiest blood and snot players in the game -if you foul them you will pay and pay in spades.

19. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

i hope you dont wanna get into it Hannibal it becomes endless story,the point is to empty your cup and try to not gettin lost into everything rather just do the simplest you can grap anything you can,pinch,pull,google out who cares what is that if you cant make it just happen thats it.

20. february

february Valued Member

You could scour the 'net for hours and still not find a facepalm pic that accurately reflects the silliness of this post.

It really is a silly, silly post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.