For the Sake of Clarification

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Vajrayana, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

But you are not going to talk about what Linda thought about the direction inosanto took bruces art are you?

2. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

The same applies to a grappler who cannot excape a full mount so your argue ment is pointless. the idea is not to end up in that position in the first place and if you do. Grappling is not the best answer! Look up the word Grapple in the dictionairy to get an idea why.

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

he should be left with no pulse.
    are you seriously suggesting murder/man-slaughter as self defence for every encounter. are you even suggesting that at all?

On this forum we've previously tried to discourage people actually suggesting this. sometimes it might be implied for a serious violent encounter with no choice but a minor scuffle shouldnt result in murder.

i think its about time MODs lock this thread before this gets taken too far.

4. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

Trained with them too! and if they are a reflection of your understanding of the art. then it doesn't surprise me in the least. USELESS!

5. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

Like with all my other posts You just don't get it do you???...no one can clone Bruce Lee or even their own teacher. Doing JKD is a realisation that the a few simple tools Bruce Lee selected are some of the most effective you can ever use. You can only improve on them by fine tuning the mechanics to the best of your ability and make them your own by applying them within your own capacity. If you were to apply that to grappling you'd realise that you'd be lucky to get anything remotely that resembles that in a grappling school, MMA school, KM school and most definitly not in a JKD concepts school . end of story

6. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Obviously there is cloth between your ears for if you listened you would know I dont do concepts I do Pat O'Malley. And you ignorance of hubud and FMA for that matter is astounding. So having traveled back and forth to the PI for over 20 year is just a couple of times? And not just Cebu either.

Dam your ignorance knows no bounds. I would be more than happy to show you just how any part of FMA is not performed on a statue. My door is always open.

7. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

FMA is not to be compared with JKD its like comparing a forest with a tree be more specific because many FMA styles are different in their approach from one another.
    The uniqueness is what you missunderstand otherwise you would not be comparing it the way you did right now. It was a complete system and it becomes more complete by moving in a specific direction not by doing something the same way for a long period of time
    OH and FMA is not JKD... it describes martial arts developed in a particular country. JKD is not a countries way, your logic is outstanding isn't it. There is no Japanese way, korean way, malaysian way or even one mans way in JKD. Its a study of movement so it not even Bruce Lees way... but working on what he selected and understanding why he selected it. Something that it sounds like you and Hanni boy continue to fail at. But don't worry you are far from aLone there

8. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

You do concepts!

9. Pat OMalley

Your certanly full of your self arnt you. Your now telling us one of the top OJKD guys and his students are wrong. That just prove how stupid you realy are.

Ok now is the time to show us just how much better you realy are. Drop some of your pure JKD on youtube and i mean you applying it in real time against real resitant opponents.

You cant can you? So just how long have you been doing pure JKD?

10. Pat OMalley

Dam your an idiot. A concept is an idea that has not been tested or proven. I always tried and tested what I do and follow basic principles of combat. I know my **** works I have used it on many occasions can you say the same? I doubt it.

11. Mangosteen

sorry but your contesting that lee was the greatest combat biomechanic in history and that makes me laugh.
    drink the koolaide. theres an entire jug.

12. Pat OMalley

but what if you do end up there? What then?

I have never condoned going to ground but if you end up there you better have your **** together and no BL quote will save you. So just how long you been pretending to be the best JKD guy on the planet?

13. shootodog

shootodog restless native

oh jeez you're back. go and train and stop posting here. none of us believe you and most of us think you're a troll.

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Valued Member MAP 2017 Gold Award

Wait wait, I bet it gets better, I bet he thinks Chi Sao is "a useful tool", and "Totally nothing like Hubud". :D

15. Mangosteen

trapping is trapping.
    just like a punch is just a punch ad a kick is just a kick

i quoted someone famous there - guess

16. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Abraham Lincoln!

17. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

You are going to lay there and pant?

[​IMG]

BTW, my comment was that I got more mat time in one month of training on a wrestling team than you did in your 9 months of attending a grappling class.

Still stand by that.

Also, I didn't say wrestle with your attackers. I said don't hang out in places where you can expect to be attacked.

I really hope your JKD skills are better than your reading skills.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  18. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Flipper!

19. Mangosteen

Close but no whisky

20. Mangosteen

theguy im talking about looked like a dolphin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.