For the Sake of Clarification

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Vajrayana, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Obviously he has never seen systems such as Serrada Eskrima or Balintawak Arnis..

And yes I have been shot at, people have tried to stab me, glass me, hit me with tables and chairs, I have fought guys with and without weapons on the street. I even had one guy persistantly try to run me over with his car hahahaha. I re-birthed him. I pulled his head through the quarter light window. Big head small hole technique hahaha.

From reading Mharewood's posts I would say he has a great imagination and I doubt very much if any of the above actually happened outside the xbox.

All his assumptions, analytics and comparisoms are so way off track and as far removed from reality its a joke. Its one thing theorising and assuming, its a whole different ball game being right in the thick of it.

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

"Original JKD" "JKD Conepts" "Bruce's JKD"....geez, should it not be "JKD"

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

It SHOULD just be JKD.......

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Says the Lad from PFS. :)

5. Hannibal

lol!

PFS is the org, JKD is the style you cheeky scamp!

6. Pat OMalley

JKD is not the style, it is the system that gives you the foundation for you to become your style... :evil: Just being pedantic...

7. Hannibal

I hate you O'malley.......;)

8. Pat OMalley

I know :hat:

9. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

JKD is not the style...

(BL Voice)

"It is da ought of frighting, witout frighting"

10. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

With that arguement then nothing is pure. not even boxing or Wing Chun. But we still have people training exclusively in it your arguement is flaud
    he was already well versed in Grappling before he met Gene don't believe everything Gene says use your head his first student was even better than Gene.
    NO
    YES

11. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

and obviously you haven't seen original JKD other wise you would not even compare it to Balintawak. Your idea of Original JKD is Jun Fan Gung Fu and you are supposed to be a JKD instructor LOL

12. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

My comment was not as pointless as the one from our old Marine friend about how he thinks his 1 month wrestling taught him more than my 9 months of Grappling ... like I give a doo doo if it did or not. So I responded with an example about how useless his skills will be in a place like Glasgow if he was jumped even by drunks.

Even more so in places like New Mexico and in Manila. If you've been to the philipins then you should know that you hardly ever end up fighting one person no matter how much it may seem so at first. The rest of them will soon close in out of no where, they act like spectators but your guts will be sliced up in no time.
    But don't make out like its any worse than glasgow...I've lived out there and its all good in Manila as long as you don't rub off the wrong people with an arrogant attitude or walk around doing stupid things like working on your Ipad in the middle of the ghettos. Stop trying to make out like its any worse than glasgow just cos you've been out to cebu a couple of times doesn't mean you know what its like to live there. If anything talk to me about some places in Cagoyan de Oro in the mindanao and southern palawan. Now that's a different league...You would have needed police protection in some places there. that's ofcourse if the police were not bought out already!

Just basic solid pure JKd training is more likely to save someones butt than those pitter patter "hubud" patty cake and stick banging sinawali drills any day. Its also less likely to give them a false sense of confidence with those unrealistic knife disarms, Tapi Tapi, Wapi my butty, Stick & dagger stuff that will only work on a statue. Oh sorry I forgot!.. You CONcept guys do them for ATTR1But£5!
    Panantukan is not a counter to JKD (Your idea of JKD maybe) its actually a step back from JKD.

13. Hannibal

Bollocks

2x National champion beating Japanese Judoka when they didn't get beat, trained by Ed Lewis, Karl Istaz and Lou Thesz in CACC

this is getting embarassing now

14. Hannibal

Your ignorance is only matched by your arrogance

15. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

Think of a tiger in a cage.

16. Hannibal

Away for 4 days - play nicely with him chaps

17. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

oof!
    direspectful much?

18. Pat OMalley

So i'm not freinds with Tim Tackett and one of my students is not his senior rep in the UK then? And a few more of my students have not trained OJKD for a number of years too? Like I said you dont know me or the knowledge I have.

And your right there is no pure system just fools whe beleive it to be so.

So just how long have you been training in Pure JKD?

19. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

and anyone who thinks JKD has to be cross trained has his nose up Inosanto/bustillos Bum. The reason the quality of JKD is so Low and its dying a slow death is exactly that! people don't spend enough time training its basic tools and learning to make them work in as many ways as possible. they lack creativity and just goof around doing other things thinking its making them a more complete/creative fighter instead. Complete Bulls! All that does is confuse them and get their buts kicked by the true practitioners of the arts they cross train in. If you want to be good at JKD then do JKD that is the only way you inderstand the true art in its element. unless ofcourse you are training to be riot / police. Then Kali could come in Handy..but only if you work the same skills day in day out for hours..not showing different things every lesson and expecting students to remember them if they want to pass the grading. Sadly that's what I've seen with most CONcept groups.

Use your Brain! If there are better strategies to use against 2 people than to grapple then those strategies are also even better YET to use against one person! If that person wants to grapple with you then unless you are a security guard or just play fighting then he SHOULD BE LEFT WITH NO PULSE.

You talk about a common thread but most definitly have not found one...maybe in 300 years you'll find yours

20. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

what the tiger tries to attack the cage but still doesnt break free.

analogy makes no sense.
    the day someone gets you in full mount and you go "tiger in a cage" he'll sit there all day long waiting for you to get tired and then punch your lights out.
    why am i even arguing this. its logic.
    if you cant escape full mount. you cant escape. theres no two ways about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.