For the Sake of Clarification

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Vajrayana, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

It actually is very easy to explain given the right context. I'm interested to see how Mharewood tries to explain it, though.

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

It's easy, you just ask nicely to be let up. Simples.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Oh and for the record, the source of the quotes above was Linda

Someone who spent more time and was closer to Bruce than anyone else until money and political wranglings raised their head

4. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Now I know youknow absolutely nothing about FMA,yes they go side to side, but they go straight in too. They dont rely on either being fool proof because they are not. Like your little ditty of the most direct route is a striaght line, but if it is block the most direct route is also a circle, and if you knew anything you would know a straight line counters a circle, but a circle also counters a straight line. But you would know that wouldnt you? Not.

Again you show your ignorance to the FMA, so you think the Gunting is solely used to hit the Funny Bone, not the funny elbow by they way you may have one but most people have a normal elbow. A gunting and and is fired at a wide veraity of targets, the funny bone analogy is but one minor example and used with the weapon not nessisarily the hand. And a Gunting is a great way to counter a straight line punch, but you would know that too? Not.

Yes you could punch them in the nose if they stand still long enough for you but then you could also break your hand hitting them in the head, talk to any boxer and ask them if they have broke their hands hitting people in the head with a glove on, punching them in the head with the glove off runs a far higher risk of that happening. Now using strikes such as slaps, elbows and hammer fists as used in FMA is more efficient in that their is less risk of breaking the small bones in your hand thus disarming yourself than there is by hitting with a straight lead or jab.

Also when you say someone who trains weapons for 18 months with also have to learn empty hands, this again shows your ignorance of FMA, for if you knew anything about FMA you would know full well that when learning the weapons you are automatically learning the empty hands applications. But you would know that wouldnt you? Not.

As for Bruce Lee not grappling, One name. Gene Labelle.

Now have you found the answers to my questions yet or are you going to ignore tham again? Let me remind you.

How long have you been training your Pure JKD?

Which students of mine have you trained with?

Still waiting.

5. Pat OMalley

Do you mean what the FMA guys call defanging the snake? Whats so different? Nothing.

6. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

You really can't express yourself until your movements become natural.

The concept is right, but learning a bunch of counters and techniques will not make you natural at them.

Cheers

7. Hannibal

No one says that it does - it is of course practice makes them natural, but before you can practice you must learn them

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I don't agree.

Be your movements fluid or awkward, you can express yourself fully at any given time within your physical and mental development.
    Take for example a painting and the phrase, "art is an expression of the self."

You could have a painting done my a master of his art. Someone who has spent a lifetime developing his craft. The skill is shown within the brush strokes. His movement has become natural.

On the other side of the coin is the painting done by someone during a state of mental anguish, or maybe someone who has a disability such as parkinsons.

Both paintings can be done with a full expression of the self. One will be fine and crafted, the other maybe with wild sweeping strokes, but both with full expression.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  9. Pat OMalley

Sounds like FMA to me hence the stick is held to the front and it hits the closest target, the hands for example. So whats different? Oh yeah FMA has been doing the same thing for a longer time.

Sounds like FMA to me we call it Adapt or Die. Whats so different about that? Oh yeah FMA has been doing the same thing for a longer time.

FMA constantly trains to optimize their effectiveness and they use a set of customised tools to do it. Whats so different about that? Oh yeah FMA has been doing the same thing for longer.

Actually no you dont, a lot of systems had the same things too. And no it was not a complete system.it has its weaknesses, well the way you describe it HAS to be done it does. Maybe that is the uniqueness you talk about eh?

10. Hannibal

It is an interesting point - is a move ever truly "yours"?

Until it is a response that your body can do with minimum processing I would argue not. However, I am constantly refining my abilities so when is good good enough?

For me the phrase "natural" has to mean there is no real mental process such as "technique A needs defence B". But paradoxically that process accelerated can look exactly the same as a visceral response

Anyway, practice is the only secret IMO!

11. Pat OMalley

I disagree on one point and that is 'Perfect Practice is the true secret'. :p

12. Hannibal

Damn you and your flawless logic O'Malley!!!!!

13. Pat OMalley

Like I said to our freind its hard being perfek :hat:

14. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

That's why there are fundamentals.

What version of JKD, concepts or Bruce Lee original, does NOT teach fundamentals?

15. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

my hand can not palm my face hard enough for me to believe that this thread is still going.
    sometimes its best to leave those with faulty logic to walk off the cliff by themselves in hopes that they'll do it before they breed.

16. Hannibal

Sometimes when you see a cow pat you just have to poke it with a stick...

17. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

A quiet evening, Hannibal is strolling on the beach when he comes upon a corpse. Using his well honed police skills he pokes it with a stick to determine it's morbidity. Satisfied, he notices the signs of scuffle and an odd pungent oder. Poor chap, he mutters, he never had a chance. There were simply too many of them. Yes, yes, that smell. Pure JKD. He comes to the realization that even one would have been too many. Well, he says, I'm off duty. This is someone else's problem, as he heads off down the lane to the Stag and Rump.

The continuing story of Hannibal of the Yard.

18. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

You have another guy helping you

19. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Shhhhh, don't help him.

20. shootodog

shootodog restless native

shot at at 12? yes i was.
    house rpg'ed? no but i had a grenade go off a couple of times on the streets. do pillboxes, pipebombs, and molotov cocktails count too? then yes. earlier than 12. do i know people who disappear because of politics? i've had friends killed. yes. quite a few. have you had a gunship strafe your street?

this doesn't give me an excuse to be an arrogant person. heck, i am humbled that i survived martial law, the 9 coup d'etats, communist insurrection and terrorist attacks.

as for JF JKD=/=JF, what are you reading? who are you talking to? dude you are so wrong! and that other stuff you placed as original jkd? sounds like my great grandfather's arnis.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.