For The Cause...

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by CyCloNe, Nov 1, 2002.

1. CyCloNe

CyCloNe New Member

Guys,

Having been away for a while I was pretty upset to see youd turned to the dark side and plastered your site with adverts :( Ok, perhaps not plastered but the pop ups are well annoying and before you suggest installing anti-popup software, spare a thought for those of use that sometimes access your site from workstations that do not belong to us, ie from work.

I understand your need to fund the server, and by god you need to keep this site going, its the privates of the puppy in MA world, but if thats your only problem, I would be more than happy to host you for free, anything to stop these bloody pop ups.

If the adverts are to provide you with a lil pin money and perhaps the odd beer for the work you guys put in, then I for one would much rather pay for a subscription than have to keep closing pop up windows.

Drop me a mail

CyCloNe
    wsutton@zcuk.com

2. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

I understand the annoyance of popups but as you say the cover the cost of the dedicated server we have and cover the cost of of the software we use. The pop ups aren't actullay put on the site directly by us but are spawn on occasion form the banner ad's so they usually only come along every so often then vanish for a while.

However with future development of the forum software we will have a facility to create a ad free version and ad version of the site. At that point I think we will probably go down the root of subscriptions for those who don't want the adverts...still don't quote me on that it's still to be figured out.