FMA near Brentford

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by stump, Jun 4, 2003.

1. stump

stump Supersub

Hi FOlks,

anyone know of any FMA groups training in the west London/ Middlesex area? I'm moving there next week so any help in finding a new club would be very welcome.

cheers

Colin

2. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

TTTA

Last edited: Jun 9, 2003
  3. Melanie

TTTA

Can no one take a hint???

4. stump

stump Supersub

I´ll take it thats a no then :)

5. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

Hey Stump,

I seem to remember hearing of a group training in Hammersmith somewhere. That's about as west as I like to get!

I think it was a Black Eagle Escrima group but I'll try and get some details.

Where abouts will you be moving to?

Dred

6. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

OK so I think the guy was Graham Jamieson (graham_jamieson@hotmail.com) - like I said he's part of Black Eagle Escrima. I wrote to him a couple of years ago and I think he was trying to set up a class in Hammersmith somewhere.

Sorry can't do any better...

7. Melanie

8. moromoro

moromoro New Member

OK so I think the guy was Graham Jamieson (graham_jamieson@hotmail.com) - like I said he's part of Black Eagle Escrima. I wrote to him a couple of years ago and I think he was trying to set up a class in Hammersmith somewhere.

yes he is back here in australia now.. i would not advise learning with him!!!

9. stump

stump Supersub

I met with one of his senior students and trained with him and his class once....bit different from what I'm used to but enjoyable...will train there when I can but I'm trying to sort out other training too (Boxing or BJJ).

Sorry I'm late in saying it but cheers for the info Dred n Mel

10. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

Do tell more Moromoro?

11. moromoro

moromoro New Member

where do you want me to start????

look i dont really want to bag him publicly all iam saying is beware!!!!!!

if you want to know more PM me........

12. DeeTee

DeeTee Valued Member

Before commenting on the remarks about Master Graham Jamieson I would first like to put forward my credentials to qualify what I have to say.
    I have been training for a total of 22 years. I trained Wing Chun for 5 years, JKD for 6 years becoming the third person to be certified as an Instructor under Ralph Jones and recommended to Dan Inosanto in 1993 as an apprentice Instructor. I have trainned in Ju Jitsu for 10 years and was a private student of Krishna Godhania of Warriors Eskrima for 6 years, promoted to Instructor and represented him in London for about 4 to 5 years before we parted company. Contrary to what has been said in the past, I also trainned the only English guy to go out and fight in the Dog Brothers gathering.

I had the good fortune to train with Graham for the 3 years he was here in the UK. We exchanged information and training methods on a regular basis and we became and remain firm friends. I have nothing but the utmost respect for him not only as an Instructor but more importantly as an individual. He is a man who is passionate about his art and preserving the Black Eagle style as it was passed on to him from GM Carlos Navarro. I have always been impressed by the level of integrity that he bought to his teaching and would credit him as being a big influence on the direction I now find myself taking. I would not hesitate to recommend him or anyone who represents him to anyone wishing to persue training in FMA.

13. moromoro

moromoro New Member

i have to disagree with this statement, first of all WHAT WAS PASSED ON TO HIM??????? the only thing he is passionent about is taking students........ IF Any one wants to learn a lesser style of black eagle i recommend you go to mr jamieson...... there are 3 guys i know who teach it properly 2 in cebu and 1 in australia.. who is GM navarro.......

also what direction are you now taking???? how was he an influence on that

14. DeeTee

DeeTee Valued Member

Well i think we'll have to agree to disagree on this matter. Clearly there are some deeper issues going on between you and Graham than just your obvious dislike for him. If he's as bad as you say he is why did GM Navaro award him with his Masters certificate and agree to grade his student here in the UK, whilst also giving his approval for him to pass on what he was taught from Graham? If you're saying that it was only because Graham had a lot of students then you must also be saying that GM Navaro only graded him for commercial reasons. Is that right?
    I look forward to seeing the post from GM Navaro on this forum you mentioned in your PM to help provide some clarity on all this.

15. moromoro

moromoro New Member

good,

could you please tell me what direction are you now taking???? how was he an influence on that

16. moromoro

moromoro New Member

'Well i think we'll have to agree to disagree on this matter. Clearly there are some deeper issues going on between you and Graham than just your obvious dislike for him. '

hey i have never met the guy but someone i know knows him well..... i go by what tatay Navaro has told me notthing else!

17. moromoro

moromoro New Member

"agree to grade his student here in the UK, whilst also giving his approval for him to pass on what he was taught from Graham?"

ohh i think your mistaken on this point here!

look i only go on what GM tatay navarro says notthing else!

18. DeeTee

DeeTee Valued Member

Why are you so interested in what direction I take now? As far as I can see, it's of no consequence to you. But if you really want to know I'm studying for the Monestry.

19. DeeTee

DeeTee Valued Member

You appear to have very strong opinions on someone you've never even met.
    No, I'm not mistaken.
    God bless you.

20. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Keep it friendly guys.

Disagreemnet is fine but if this get's any more like a personal witch hunt I'll delete this thread at once.