FMA for a new guy

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Pieman, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

That is not a block, it is a strike. I don't go around telling BJJ people that an omoplata is an ogyaku done with the leg. Apples and oranges.

2. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

That's also a pretty presumptuous thing to say, given that you don't live under American jurisdiction, or for that matter, Filipino.

Don't judge the rest of the world by your own standards.

3. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Your correct you don't know anywhere near enough to comment on Tuhon Bills knowledge or even the reason for the split in the organisation bearing in mind that Tuhon Bill was the highest ranked in PTK before the split. So if as you say there are errors then that is down to instruction is it not in which case you are the questioning SGT Leo's teachings at that time.

4. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

No, not necessarily. And that's all I'm going to say about that in this thread.

5. Pat OMalley

It's blatantly a block all apples.

6. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

No, that is you trying to mislabel a strike based on preconceived notions and arrogance.

7. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Weapon-to-weapon contact does not a block make.

8. Pat OMalley

Yes necessarily. A student will perform as instructed and a senior will have over the years have been corrected to perform it in the manor as required by the instructor.

You say you don't block because you are told they don't work. You are told that by your instructor therefor you don't do it and don't train it and if you do he will in his opinion correct you on the way he wants you to do it.

So yes necessarily.

9. Pat OMalley

It's a block

10. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

No, not necessarily.

No, not necessarily.

No, that I have *NOT* said. I'm saying I don't block because I do PTK, and because I prefer counter-offense.

11. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

It's a strawman.

12. Pat OMalley

No it's definitely a block

13. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

If you really believe this to be the case, how do you reconcile that with the fact that I have provided you with video evidence of the head of the PTK system stating that in his system you do not block?

14. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

It's a strike.

15. Pat OMalley

Yes necessarily

Yes necessarily

You said quite clearly PTK DON'T BLOCK yet on numerous videos we see practitioners blocking and you try to rename them saying they are defections redirections strikes etc when they are quite clearly blocks.

16. Pat OMalley

Quite simple really by the very video of him applying a block in the video I posted and other senior practitioners clearly blocking in other videos and from the very fact that when I trained in PTK they taught me blocks

17. Pat OMalley

It's most definitely a block.

18. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Are you truly this arrogant or are you just having a laugh?

You see something that you call blocking. That does not make it so.

A muay thai roundkick is not a "sideways keri kaeshi".
    A bando headbutt is not a "differently performed zutsuki".
    A savate toe kick is not a "henka kakushi keri".
    A Pekiti hack is not a "angled age uke". They're different tools using different methodologies. It says more about you if you can't accept that simple fact.

19. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Last time. Don't judge the rest of the world by your own crappy standards.

20. Pat OMalley

It's plainly obvious that 1. You truly don't understand what constitutes a block. 2 you don't practice them therefor you don't know how they work effectively.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.