Floyd vs Manny to happen in September

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Saved_in_Blood, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Update:

Some website had claimed Floyd vs. khan had been signed... but there is no mention of it anywhere else.

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Saved_in_Blood

It's a real joke of a fight and I'm pretty disappointed in Floyd to be the #1 p4p guy and not at least fighting Garcia or Bradley. khan didn't even look good in his last fight!

4. Saved_in_Blood

Well yet again ANOTHER UK news site is claiming Floyd vs. Manny is now "penciled" in for September 13th. I don't understand why (and I don't mean this against the UK people), these news sites there have to jump the gun and put stuff out there that isn't certain. Is is simply to try to get more views or what? Khan vs. Floyd is NOT signed and NOT a done deal as far as anyone knows and even Floyd has asked on twitter if his fans want to see him fight Khan or Maidana.

5. belltoller

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  6. Saved_in_Blood

lol, don't worry, manny and his team have used just as many excuses ;-)

7. belltoller

[​IMG]

8. Saved_in_Blood

Ultimately I don't really put all the blame on either guy... I put more of the blame on roach, on arum and even golden boy for that fight not happening. People want to say Floyd is scared which is just dumb. Why is a professional fighter scared? You can say the fighter doesn't want to lose his 0, but to be scared and have gotten into a ring in 45 professional fights doesn't even make sense. IMO Floyd at ANY time during manny's career would have beaten him because Manny has and will always have a hard time with counterpunchers. I really see Manny having a VERY hard time beating Bradley now that IMO he's off the juice.

Floyd on the other hand always wants to be the guy who holds all of the cards. NOW he is in a position to do so that Manny has had 2 losses and looked like a fast smaller fighter who just a year or so ago would have KO'd that opponent, but he didn't even hurt him. Manny has to utilize his speed which will work great against an opponent who just moves straight ahead of him, but a guy like Floyd, Marquez, etc is his kryptonite. Roach knows very little about how to deal with counterpunchers and it shows with his history of his fighters vs. them. I don't like roach which is why is comes across that I don't like Manny. Freddie is an overrated trainer with a disease that makes people feel sorry for him. Manny made him trainer of the year all of those times... it wasn't Khan who was beating nobodies and it was Linares who was getting beaten up by DeMarco (who Broner took completely apart) and Linares was this highly talked about fighter for a long time. Now that a lot of stuff will be coming out about Roach and Ariza soon, we'll all see what many of us already knew, or suspected... we know Ariza is a cheat. We know he gave Manny things that Roach claims he didn't know what was in them... but he wasn't firing Alex when Manny was this wrecking ball for a few years. Manny has been the sucker in all of this and has trusted the wrong people and I just hope he is able at this point to salvage enough to be able to make and keep a decent life for himself. That will have to start with him getting away from bob arum and mike koncz, who have both been robbing him blind for YEARS! This is the very reason why DLH and Floyd got out of their contracts with bob and why bob holds such a grudge against both guys.

9. belltoller