Florida Silat

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Silat Junkie, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Silat Junkie

Silat Junkie New Member

Selamat Listees;

I offer silat classes in the Orlando area and I am wondering if there are others in the Orlando - Tampa - Melbourne area who do the same?

2. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

No Silat training in the Melbourne area that I am aware of. Ill ask around and find out for yah.

3. Silat Junkie

Silat Junkie New Member

Tampa & Melbourne

In hindsight, I do know of a few silat guys in Tampa - though to my knowledge they are more kuntao than silat... As for Melbourne, I didn't think so.

Thanks!

4. firehands01

firehands01 New Member

Kuntao and Silat in Tampa

To anyone interested:

There are Silat and Kuntao instructors near the Tampa & Melbourne, FL areas.

Particularly, there is Sigung Chuck Stahman (30-year practitioner directly under Willem "Uncle Bill" deThouars in the art of Kuntao Silat deThouars) in the Merritt Island area (about 45 min. north of Melbourne). Chuck has no formal school, but is willing to accept any students willing to learn.

There are just a few Kuntao/Silat practitioners in the Tampa area, though none have formal schools either. The training can be quite brutal and demanding which tends to keep attendance low, but there are small gatherings of practitioners of these arts throughout the area.

Personally, I organize a training group for practitioners to gather and work on their skill-sets. We have just a small group of consistent players who gather on the weekends to practice their skills in a friendly and open-minded manner.

If you are interested in any Kuntao or Silat training in the Florida area, feel free to contact me for more details about instructors and practice groups.
    firehands01@gmail.com

Regards,
    Pete