Flinty's first amateur muay thai smoker

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Flinty, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Flinty

Flinty aspiring nak muay

Hello MAP

Been forever since I've been on the forum. I havent been formally trained in a gym for a while but I had a months worth of training at the local muaythai gym in Denver a few months back. As soon as I get work sorted out and the money is flowing it will practically be my second home!

Last month I had my first amateur muaythai smoker bout.

Let me know what you all think!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTHdEw0YyWg"]5 Nick Flint vs Nicholas Wheeler - YouTube[/ame]

trust me I am my own worst critic so I know there is a lot that needs work (guard, aggression, balance)
    My opponent was lankier than me even! i struggled with finding the distance at first, and it seemed as if he wasnt trained in muaythai much, hence him moving around a lot, which I had a little trouble with, he definitely got me decent a couple times partly because I neglected my guard. And because of my nerves I felt pretty hesitant with my punches! But overall, for a first fight I am happy, although I wish I had more time in the ring to get my bearings and get in my groove, but cant complain and I can only learn from this experience.:D
    Thanks

2. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Welcome back!

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

wow dude not seen you on in ages. weren't you on the mend from a car crash just before you took a break from MAP?

4. Flinty

Flinty aspiring nak muay

Yup back in 2010 but I'm 100% now! Life got in the way of plans for Thailand but it's still on the agenda! Just been moving around a lot not completely by my own choice. So I'm kinda starting fresh in Colorado and going to make things happen this time! It has been a while since I've been on here. Good to be back.

5. B3astfrmthe3ast

B3astfrmthe3ast Warning:Extreme power!!

nice fight bro try not to be too hard on yourself and all those skills with time will come