Fitness Tips?

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Nicko, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Nicko

Nicko New Member

This should proberbly be posted in the health a fitness section but Im looking for fitness tips that would mainly benefit Kickboxing. I have been training for a couple of months now and in training sessions I often feel tired after basic warm ups, and by the end of the session Im waisted. I was just wondering if anybody had any advice on increasing stamina. Also I am looking for tips on balance, although I havnt been training long I feel that when I throw a kick Im about to land flat on my face, so if anybody has any advice on balance I would greatly apriciate it.

Also, I know kickboxers who are VERY flexible in there body, there legs especialy, they can do the splits all the way, how is this possible and what exersizes can be done to help with this??

Thank you to anybody who replies..

2. glenchuy

glenchuy has two left feet

eat more complex carbohydrates so you have more energy?

sorry can't really give detailed advice unless you post your workout regimen- for all i know, your "basic" warmups might be 500 handstand pushups and 500 air bikes and 2000 jumping jacks followed by 10 mile jogs. :D j/k.

you get more flexible by stretching out everyday. stretching before your workout to warm it up, and stretch AFTER the workout, and because your muscles are already warm, they'll stretch more. if you try to stretch a little bit more everyday, you'll soon see the difference in about 6 month's time.

@ tips on balance... just more practice? also, check your form. usually, wrong forms cause improper balance. either that, or you are putting your body weight on the wrong leg. what KB kicks causes you to lose balance?

3. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

Keep on training, and it'll come. It takes time for your body to adjust to that type of training.

4. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

improve ur diet.
    rest is wat others said :D
    -TkdWarrior-

5. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

Start running a bit it'll do wonders to your stamina.

6. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

when he says running, he means Interval Sprinting :p :D
    -TkdWarrior-

7. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

Yeh i think he does :D .

8. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

I find Tae Bo is good for stamina. :)

9. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

eat a lot of carbs to pack you with energy also make sure you drink plenty of water. Try running to improve your cardio as well.

10. Oddball

Oddball New Member

The best advice I can give is:

Watch what you eat. Cut down on the fats, bad oils, and sweets.

Stretch, stretch, stretch. Stretch before and after you practice. The best warm down stretch that I know of to do after sit ups/crunches/leg lifts/and oblique crunches is to lay on your stomach and stretch your abdomen by pushing up with your arms. Stretch the obliques by turning one shoulder in to the right, and then one in to the left.

Run at least a mile or 3/4 after practice to warm down.

Lift whatever you can when ever you can, but in moderation. This tones the muscles.

Warm up with a jump rope, or speed bag.

Since we are talking about Kickboxing, you really want to stretch your legs. Focus on the legs. If you are boxing, you would focus on the arms.

Drink a lot of water. Drink water before, during and after practice. Water is life's juice :eek:

And don't forget to do everything in moderation. You need to give your body time to get used to things. Like someone mentioned above, the more you do something the more your body will grow used to it.

CIAO .

11. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

I would also suggest Yoga, both Anyasa and Vinyasa.

12. hazzamoffin

hazzamoffin New Member

Hey there, thought you might want the ideas my physio gave me on improving your balance.

Start with just standing on one leg for 30 seconds, keeping you leg close to your body. When this gets easy try doing it with you eyes shut, they help aid balance.

When there easy do one legged 1/4 to 1/2 squats, this helps improve balance and strengthen legs, try to aim for sets of 20-25. Again, when easy do with eyes shut.

Finally, put a few objects on the floor and the try to pick them up standing on one leg, make sure you squat quite far down for this.

This should give a good base to improve balance, also keep trying the basics exercise, once mastered with your non-standing leg at various heights.

One final thing to make it harder is to stand on a pile of cushions, pillows as these make the footing less stable.

13. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Sorry mate but it never gets easier. You just get better at it and your output increases. But you should always find it hard. Just keep doing what you are doing and your fitness will grow.