Fitness books

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Incredible Bulk, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

I'm looking for a book (not e-book) to read on fitness for martial arts, boxing etc.

I've put in a few searches in amazon and there a quite a few to sort through.
    Has anyone bought a good book to help with their MA or endurance fitness they would recommend?

[:)]

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

3. bwhite55

bwhite55 Valued Member

4. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I dont realy think you need a book for that. Bag work or tabata sprints would be a lot more efficient than endless circuits of monkey pushups, octagon ppullups, echinoderm jumps etc

5. Incredible Bulk

i rate ross's info a bit more than someone on the internet telling me whats best IMO

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  6. Incredible Bulk

7. Frodocious

Both books have extensive information about different training methods, exercises and prgramme design, plus some nutritional advice and each one has a 50 day programme for you to follow if you don't want to design your own. I highly recommend buying them!

8. Frodocious

No, they are only available from his website, but the postage is cheap and they usually (i.e. when there is not a postal strike on) arrive in about 4-5 days.

9. Incredible Bulk

I'll be getting infinite intensity on pay day, when hopefully the lazy royal mail workers feel like working their full hours

10. Frodocious

I bet the ones in Liverpool will still be out on strike!

Enjoy Infinite Intensity, it's my favourite of the 2 - but then I enjoy using weights.

11. bwhite55

bwhite55 Valued Member

let me know how it is. i got turned on to ross's site and his videos about 6 months ago when my buddy was gonna start doing combat conditioning and diff stuff similar.

12. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Have you read Alwyn Cosgrove's MAP interview yet? (Hey look, that matches my sig. What a coincidence.) ;) We talked all about his "real", not e-book, "Secrets of Martial Arts Training" manual.

Charles Staley's "Science of Martial Arts Conditioning" is also fantastic. I'm pretty sure it's out of print, but I've had luck finding copies form alibris.com in the past. I haven't yet read his Secrets of Combat Fitness", but I think it's next on my list.

13. spirez

spirez Valued Member

I've got both of Ross' books, both great.