Fist of Fury

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by rne02, Sep 26, 2014.

1. rne02

rne02 Valued Member

Last night I got my Bruce Lee box set out of the cupboard and decided to watch Fist of Fury (or The Chinese Connection for our US cousins) as it has been many years since I saw it last.

*Spoiler alert*
    As well as being confused (and amused) by the fact that some of the Japanese were wearing their hakama backwards, I was confused by the scene in which Chen overhears a conversation by the men who killed his instructor.

After doing so he bursts into the kitchen to confront them, and the camera zooms in on the killers nipples (he is shirtless). The killer, knowing his identity has been revealed admits "We're Japanese in case you didn't know" (or something along those lines).

Now, not that I have a particular fetish for mens nipples or anything, but I am wondering why the viewing of his nipples reveals identity as Japanese when he had been hither to disguising himself as Chinese in order to carry out the killing undetected.

Anyone have any clues?

2. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

It is well documented that japanese men have 3 nipples :)

3. pecks

pecks Valued Member

I'd forgotten about that! I have wondered the same thing myself..

4. rne02

rne02 Valued Member

Hi Pecks, I have found out. Apparently it's not his nipples, it's the boob-tube thing he wears around his stomach, which apparently is Japanese underwear.

Every day's a school day :)

5. pecks

pecks Valued Member

So he's wearing Japanese pants? I guess that makes more sense than the nipples...