Fist of Fury vs Fist of Legend

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Qasim, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Qasim

Qasim Valued Member

Ok ladies and gentleman.

The actual title of "Chinese Connection" is "Fist of Fury" starring Bruce Lee (I don't to this day understand the US title for this film) and "Fist of Legend" was the Jet Li version.

Which in your opinion is the better, version of the Chen Zeng story (even though they are both fictional accounts) and fight scenes that take place after after Huo Yuanjia's death?

Personally, I think Jet's character would have been more than likely be Huo's student than Bruce's character based on what history says about Huo Yuanjia.

2. Liam Cullen

Liam Cullen Valued Member

Donnie Yen.

or can we not have him as an option?

3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Moved to Movies & Television :)

4. Qasim

Qasim Valued Member

No.

You didn't read the post. Three penalty points for you. :woo: Choose again and I'll take of 2 points. :D

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  5. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

I personally liked Fist of Legend better. Jet Li just takes it to a different level.

6. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

either way they're both legends in their scenes.

7. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

I liked both films alot.
    From a nostalgic point of view, The Chinese Connection still resonates with me more because when I first saw it I was a child and it introduced me to Bruce Lee(it was my first BL film).
    I was pretty stoked on Bruce Lee and became a huge fan. Collecting as much as could or what my Mom was willin to buy me :)
    As time went on I started to learn some truths as well as Lies about the Legend. But that's another thread altogether, one that doesn't really need to be rehashed in my opinion.

Anyway I thought Fist Of Legend was a brilliant redux of sorts and has one of Japan's Most Bad Ass MA actors Yasuaki Kurata.

Anyone see ''Legend Of A Fighter''?
    A Huo Yuanjia story. It was sort of redone as ''Fearless''.

8. andysparx

andysparx Valued Member

ito be honest, i prefered fist of legend.

fist of fury is obviously a very good film, but i think that bruce lee came across as very arrogant in it.

legend of a fighter sounds interesting.

9. Journeyman

Journeyman Valued Member

Fist of Legend for me. The fight scene at the end may be my favorite of all martial arts films I've seen.

10. JHughes

JHughes New Member

fist of legend was more enjoyable as a film, but bruce lee was/is a all time legend. hard to say.

11. pseudosage

pseudosage New Member

i also liked both films; if i recall correctly Fist of Fury was originally named Big Boss....

12. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

Fist of Fury is a classic....but i like Fist of Legend better. :D nothing like flashy movie-fu! :D