first timer...any pinoys in this site?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by ptkali778, Apr 21, 2004.

1. shootodog

shootodog restless native

shouldn't your avatar be an image of (sen.) lito lapid?

2. Roman_Rapido

Roman_Rapido New Member

FPJ as Roman Rapido

Actually, Roman Rapido is a character played by FPJ in the movie of the same name. He starred with Dang Cecilio as her leading lady and a bunch of child stars like Janice de Belen who played his children.

Not that I'm a fan of FPJ........... :D

3. Crucible

Crucible Valued Member

Howdy,
    I'm a third generation escrimador, though my lolo(grandfather) never taught my father, and my father didn't teach his children. So except for my brother and I we all developed independently from each other.
    Both my parents are visayan, my mothers from Mindanao, Zambaonga del norte, and my fathers from Leyte.
    I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've trained in Escrima Serrada, Corto Kadena, Kalis Ilustrisimo, Silat Asli, Doblete Rapillon and a smidgen of Moro Moro Orabes General and Pekiti/Dekiti Tirsia. I'm qualified to teach Serrada though I rarely do these days.

4. ptkali778

ptkali778 Valued Member

hey crucible..where bouts do you teach, i will be in san fran area in a couple weeks, i train pekiti tirsia and would love to see more fma...

5. Crucible

Crucible Valued Member

Don't actively teach anymore, but I do get together with some guys and hang out and train. More informal backyard training then dojo stuff, I'll pm you. By the way I live in San Leandro. :)