first aiders??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by gaz shaw, Mar 23, 2005.

?

have you participated in a first aid course????????

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

hey, i was just wondering how many of you MAPers are first aiders or have participated in a first aid course

2. Kris x

Kris x :-p

I learnt first aid when I went to work experience.
    I was a life guard.:D
    I had to do CPR on those god damn dummies:cry: ............they freak me out:eek: ........not good.
    I've also done a lot of first aid as I was growing up.:D

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Nope, I havent done a course yet, but I want to do one. I think it may be on the sheet for our coaching certificate, so I will defo do one :)

4. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

No, but I'd be interested.

5. TKD=FUN

TKD=FUN New Member

im with the st johns ambulance service so i get front row seats at rugby matches

6. Xue Fang

Xue Fang Bluebelt

Yep. I've been through at least two. It's part of our school's curriculum.

7. Daffy

Daffy Valued Member

I not only particapeted in them thoe. I teach lifesaving cources (bronze star, medallion, and cross). I'm a Pool and Waterfront lifeguard (have been for 2.5 years), certified CPR-C, SFA, and Oxygen addministration.

8. bxa121

bxa121 New Member

considering the dangerius nature of the sport id suggest that you do have some general knowledge of first aid...

9. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

10. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

Before I did my black belt I was told to sort my self out a course as part of my BB examination.

11. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Bronze Medallion twice now :D

12. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

I'm a first aider and I've also been on the tv with it as well and it keeps being repeated on sky. I'm not saying which programme as I feel really embarrased by it as if you see me on it I'm saying a naughty word when I realise the camera is there and they've still kept that one in lol :D :D :D

13. Amrod

Amrod New Member

Yes, I'm a scout, so I better know first aids.

14. Dave Rees

Dave Rees Old Git!

I recently did the 4 day British Red Cross course, it was excellent.

15. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

Yup I am currently doing a first aid course at the moment

16. dori_kin_86

dori_kin_86 Hu Flung Pu

I was in Boy Scouts when I was first taught first aid. From basics to survival, I had to learn it. Now I'm being taught again in U.S. Army JROTC.

17. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I was an EMT full time for a year. Then I was still EMT certified up till about 6 years ago.

18. Ophqui

Ophqui Valued Member

i've just started doing some lifeguarding work at a local pool, so i've done all the first aid involved in the pool lifeguard course, but i also went to st john ambulance things a few times and did basic first aid for my level one football coaching course.

19. Aaron Fields

Aaron Fields Valued Member

I make my living as a firefighter, and in the US most proffesional f/f are EMT or paramedic. SO the simple answer is yes..and I use it all the time.

Aaron Fields

20. mishqua

mishqua New Member

Yup learned first aid in the ARMY.