Finding a dojo or shibu

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu Resources' started by Brad Ellin, Aug 24, 2004.

1. JaMKrazeV4life

JaMKrazeV4life New Member

Got it. Thanks boss.

2. grand ninja

grand ninja New Member

swan hill

i live in swan hill austraila i was wondering if there were any schools around this area

3. dahexdragon

dahexdragon New Member

4. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

That's odd, our dojo isn't a BBD dojo...there's a BBD dojo in Govan, but the dojo I train at (which is listed there on dahexdragon's link) is proper Bujinkan...but I digress.

oh, and dahexdragon, you can find our dojo's website (which is badly in need of an update) at http://scotlandninjutsu.bravepages.com/ .

5. dahexdragon

dahexdragon New Member

Thanks you deserve something good...... anyway do you know the stance on teenagers(im 13 yrs old)i found about 9 dojos for brown+ or somthing along those lines.Its more of a Shibu for Sifus...

6. Orrah

Orrah Valued Member

Hi,

I'm interested in taking up Ninjutsu and was wondering if anybody knows of any dojos in the Newcastle area (preferably reachable by public transport :)). I've been looking around on the internet and think I've found one possibility, so I'm curently following that up, but I figured I may as well ask here too - in case my lead doesn't pan out.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rich

7. ninjanick

ninjanick New Member

Looking for a good ninjitsu school in Melbourne(Australia) not a Kevin Hawthorn
    school........Must have proper facilities(Dojo) and not in some High School
    hall............Either Togakure or bujinkan, preferably Togakure.

8. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Why does it matter if it's a "proper" dojo or not?
    Some people can only teach in a school hall where they teach is not a relfection of skill!

The people make the dojo not the four walls!

If you manage to find a good x-kan club/dojo then don't worry about where it's held, be thankful, it took me ages to find my club and I wouldn't care if they were teaching out of a broom cupboard. It's the level of instruction that's important.

Why preferably Togakure Ryu?
    I'd do a search re: Togakure Ryu and Bujinkan ;)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  9. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

One of our guys from Glasgow is off to Cork city to work, any Bujinkan dojos

10. Tenchu28

Tenchu28 New Member

Togakure Ryu is the Bujinakan. Bujinkan is just the umbrella name and Togakure Ryu falls under it. Hatsumi Soke is the 34th lineage holder of Tagakure Ryu

11. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Ninja Nick, The x-can schools cover togakure ryu as one of the styles of the nine in it's system. So looking for one that just focuuses on togakure is like going to a swim class that only taught freestyle as apose to one that taught freestyle, back stroke, breast stroke, treading water and butterfly. Sure you're learning to swim in both classes, but which one do you prefer?

Our dojo is to my knowledge, the only full-time bujinkan dojo is Victoria, with over 70 full time adult students and near a hundred juniors. I have PMd you the details, NinjaNick. Hope this helps.

12. TrickyTrev

TrickyTrev Valued Member

Does anyone know if there is a nijutsu school in Leicester? I have had a look on a few links for sites that have directories of schools but I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks,

13. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Nothing in leics, 2 in lincoln, a couple in nottigham, 1 in coventry, me in walsall, do you drive?

14. TrickyTrev

TrickyTrev Valued Member

I don't drive, haven't took my test yet.

15. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

closest is poss Hinckley just outside Birmingham I think its one of Keith Porters (14th Dan) shibu (dojo branches)

There are 3 or 4 dojo's in an around Birmingham.

Why don't you check out you local train, bus service and if i am attending the dojo and you get to the nearest station i will pick you up.

:)

16. TrickyTrev

TrickyTrev Valued Member

Hinckley?, there is a Hinckley near to Leicester, is that the one you mean?The Hinckley I am thinking of is nearer to Leicester than Birmingham?

17. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Thats what i am thinking, Gary do you mean the one Tony Matthews just opened in longbridge?

18. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

yeah, i think its that one.

I remember finding it whilst searching, and i checked the address on multimap and found how close it was to leicester.

but do you think i can find the link now!

i'll have a more detailed look later.

19. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

if thats the one then its even further away than us, probably anothe 45mins for this guy!!

20. ercle

ercle New Member

i've already had a lesson in reading, but its kinda far to travel...does anyone know of somewhere in or around slough? i've been given the site for somewhere near stains...but i cant find an exact location on the site, and its still not that close...apparently someone called alex has started a class or is looking to start one in slough? :rolleyes: