Finding a dojo or shibu

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu Resources' started by Brad Ellin, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

I'll second that one!!
    Normans a good bloke and a dam good teacher!!!

*edited cuz of Greg* :eek:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  2. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Hmmmm, struggling for something to say :D

3. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Well if only that would happen more often :D

4. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Jeez, what a suck up! :p and i`m NOT a MORMON! :woo:

5. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Oops spelling!! :D

6. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Just a reminder to everyone, this thread is to be used to post contacts for dojos or shibus. That is all. No running down other dojos, instructors or what not. No conversations about last night's class. Please, keep it on topic. If you are looking for a dojo, follow the suggestions at the start of the thread and if you can't find one, then ask for help in locating one. Keep your personal feelings and prejudices out of it.

7. David Field

David Field New Member

agree

Yes i agree, and sorry for not understanding thius. in future i will resist.

8. Boy-Blog

Boy-Blog New Member

Does anyone know of ones close to or in Clearwater, St. Pete, Country Side ? (Florida)
    The ones listed are a little too far for me.

9. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Have you tried contacting the ones listed? They would be in a better position to answer your question.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  10. sshh

sshh Not Talking Anymore

11. Forsaken013

Forsaken013 New Member

I am facing a problem.
    I live in Rancho Cucamonga/California/USA
    And cannot find a dojo in my area...
    help?

12. Boy-Blog

Boy-Blog New Member

13. RazorFist

RazorFist New Member

Does anyone know of any Jinenkan or Genbukan dojos in Illinois? Ive used the search engines provided and havent come up with anything....jus tryin to compare dojos to see which one will better fit me.

14. Anvilfire

Anvilfire Valued Member

15. RazorFist

RazorFist New Member

Thanks but thats still a little bit too far....esp since i dont have my own mode of transportation :D . i might have to borrow my old man's car for a while.

16. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Anyone know of a Ninjutsu dojo near Twickenham ?

Is it even called a dojo in Ninjutsu ? I'm very interested in Ninjutsu and have read lots about it. In our Seiki Juku group at a later stage we actually learn similar weapons to the Ninjas but I wonder if Ninjutsu training is actually focused on the original aims of the shadow warriors of Japan..meaning learning how to track people, hide yourself, make yourself "invisible" and learn to kill poeple only using hands ? Its not my aim to learn to kill but I wonder how much the dojos teach of the ancient Ninjutsu ? Also does anyone know of any Ninjutsu dojos near Twickenham in the UK ? Thanks for any information regarding this.

regards,

Christian

17. sshh

sshh Not Talking Anymore

thepunisher: "Is it even called a dojo in Ninjutsu ? "

Yes.

"...I wonder if Ninjutsu training is actually focused on the original aims of the shadow warriors of Japan..meaning learning how to track people, hide yourself, make yourself "invisible" and learn to kill poeple only using hands ? "

Yes it is and much much more,

"A ninja was someone whose very existence expressed the spirit of budo. He would protect himself with techniques not of assassination but rather of sensation and an acute awareness of his natural surroundings. He would avoid unnecessary conflict, and even if armed with a blade, would find a way to win without staining it." (Hatsumi: Way of the Ninja , pg. 16)

18. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Looks like we have a Hollywood ninja :D!

19. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Try, kutaki.org, bujinkan.org, bujinkanbritain.org, winjutsu, most of them will have something.

20. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

It would be nice to have Bujinkan contacts in or near the Twickenham area, then keep in with them so you can make sure and get all those important rugby tickets :D