Finally!

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Trent Tiemeyer, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

2. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

That really is impressive. Horn and Liddel is going to be huge. I'm hoping Randy against MVA won't turn into another Randy vs Tito though.

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Your kidding me right?!?!?! Awww excellent! :D

It's about time they organised a rematch between Liddell and Horn :D

It's on a day before my 21st Birthday as well :D

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

This is a fight lots of people want to see, but I think it could be a bit of a mistake from a business standpoint - Chuck's a very marketable champion and having his first defence against Horn may not give them much time to cash in on Liddell's title. If anyone other than Couture has the tools to beat him it's Horn
    That said - it's gonna be a great fight :D (I'm going with Chuck by TKO in the 2nd or 3rd)

5. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

HELL YEAH. thank god. i'm forking out the money to order this one.

I agree with sever, if i was dana i'd play it safe and suck the cash flow out of Liddell for a while first. but i give Liddell a KO by mid 2nd round.

Hope that loss against chuck didn't slow Randy down any.

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I hope it's going to be a great fight! The first one was very slow and at times, a little boring.

I'm having a tough time on calling this one :) On one hand Horn is an awesome (and very under-rated) fighter, but at the same time Chuck is a completely different fighter from who he was when they first fought.

I'm going to take a chance and put my money on Horn I think :)

7. rtkd

rtkd Z-boyz

quick question, i cant recall eva watching mike van arsdale fight. Is he any good, does he stand a chance against couture?? If anyone has a pic of this dude could you post it, might help me remember this guy?

8. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

9. ThaiBxr

ThaiBxr Banned Banned

Georges St-Pierre and Frank Trigg are also fighting that night... that's a fight I've been waiting a long time to see, and probably the one i'm most pumped about.

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

George St-Pierre vs Trigg should be an awesome fight; i've yet to see George St-Pierra fight a boring fight.

I'm not sure what im looking forward to the most; George St-Pierre vs Trigg, or Horn vs Liddell 2.

11. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I really hope Trigg's working some submission defence going against Rush, otherwise he's getting tapped again. This will be a great fight - both guys really push the pace, in fact I've never seen either of them have a dull fight, so we could well be in for a war.
    Horn/ Liddell 2 has great potential and I think Horn probably will want to make a statement with this, so I doubt we'll see a boring fight from him. I've just watched him vs Forrest Griffin and that was a really exciting match

12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Horn vs Griffin was excellent thats for sure! Forrest was showing some real potential, some excellent combinations being thrown from him.

The original Horn vs Liddell was very slow though, and quite boring at times.

I just hope this rematch doesn't suffer the same fate.

13. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

They misspelled "Gumby" on the UFC site. Unless Horn's new nick is "Gumpy", which makes it sound like a reference to Forrest Gump. Not that Forrest Gump was a bad thing. He was pretty hardcore in Vietnam.

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It's a misspelling :) He's not changed his name to Gumpy lol.

I'm quite intregued as to how he got nicknamed "Gumby" anyway :)

15. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

Yeah a lot of intresting bouts but I was wondering if anyone knows of any more of the rumored matchups, some of the ones i have heard of are:

Tim Sylvia vs Assuerio Silva
    David Terrell vs David Loiseau
    Jayson Miller vs Josh Neer

I really like the sound of the Terell vs Loiseau one but the other two I dont really know.