Film - Taken

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by BakbakanFighter, Feb 6, 2009.

1. BakbakanFighter

BakbakanFighter Valued Member

Does anyone know who has seen the film Taken which martial art is used. It looks quite destructive and I thought a little FMA influenced but cant find out who trained the actors for fighting...

Thanks

2. Taliesin

Taliesin Valued Member

I've not seen the film, but I'm told that it's JKD Kali, so you're right that it has some FMA inspiration.

The MA advisor was an ex-SAS guy by the name of Mick Gould.

3. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

You should check out "The big man" a scottish film with Liam and Billy Connley for one of the most realistic fights on film no "martial arts" just two fighters knocking the hell out of each other.

regards koyo

4. Stuart Rider

Stuart Rider Valued Member

Mick Gould teaches a system called Goshinkwai. Goshinkwai is heavily influenced by the methods of Kenshiro Abbe. Check out www.official-goshinkwai-yawara.org for more info on the system. Mick was with the Goshinkwai Yawara for many years but recently left them along with a couple of the other senior instructors.

Mick Gould has spent a fair amount of time in Hollywood as well advising on films such as Heat, Miami Vice, Collateral etc.

5. vismitananda

vismitananda Valued Member

I've seen this film 4th times now :D, and It uses a lot of Kali, esp. the last part. Great film by the way.