Fighting Today

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Pretty In Pink, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Tonight if I get the chance man, thank you :)

2. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Congrats man !

3. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

A 'win' is a 'win'. Congrats!

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

"Win first, impress second." - Sun Tzu, probably.

Don't play down your efforts bud. I don't see anyone else on this board who just fought an MMA match, and won. I for one am too chicken to step into the cage. Well done!

5. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I second this.

I mean, at least you didn't step into a cage/ring, get knocked out, get a brain injury, lose a year of your life AND your marriage AND have to start your life over. It could be a lot worse than just looking ugly . . . .
    (I REALLY like self-deprecating humor, don't take me seriously guys, I'm not depressed at all xD)

Congrats on the win man ^_^

6. Pretty In Pink

Cheers guys. VZ you won't be too dissapointing, there are a fair share of head kicks that I threw but he just wouldn't go down.

I am really proud of myself for fighting and having the grit to keep going, and at the same time upset because up until this point all the fights I've won I made look very easy.

The guy I fought was all class btw. Lovely guy and a real natural fighter. Boxed a lot but knew absolutely zero grappling. Even still he naturally was defending takedowns well and got back up when I did take him down. Crazy natural.

7. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Congrats on the win AND winning with a submission!

Are you moving up in difficulty of opponents yet? I mean if all previous wins looked very easy, then it sounds like you need to be moving up to more difficult opponents? Or maybe this guy WAS a more difficult opponent?

8. Pretty In Pink

9. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

10. aaradia

Thanks for posting those. I have no idea why you think that fight was closer than past wins . You clearly dominated that fight the whole way through.

11. Pretty In Pink

I'm the one with the white shorts? Check again :p

12. aaradia

I knew who you were. And yes, as a fan watching MMA, it looked to me like you were in control and dominating that fight for all except a short flurry or two. Granted, I am no MMA judge, but that is what I saw.

I think you are being rather hard on yourself, but that is what will make you progress and get better as a fighter.

13. Pretty In Pink

I think its harder to tell with the crap camera. The professional one comes next week at some point. Commentary and everything. So we will see if that gives us a better indicator then.

14. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I'd agree. Nice kicks - lots of leg kicks, some good front kicks, solid rights that one could hear, even at the distance the cam/mic were at.

Things became a bit dicey at around 2:10-218 of the first video (I'm getting 'round to the second one now :) ) but you were able to recover, dig - deep, as you did, and pull out a W against a very tough opponent who kept coming at you.

I think that a more worthy fight than the easier ones you've had - this one took some bottle.

His name escapes me presently, but is he the same photographer than did the pro shots of your other bouts? If so, yes, he is very, very good. One of the best I've ever seen. ( I've said that before, but it dern't mind repeating ).

EDIT:

This fight had more plot twists than a Arthur Conan Doyle mystery. You almost had a choke early in the first and he snaked out of it. When you both went down to the canvas in the second round, you disappeared in front of the camera woman with him having the choke, when you reemerged it was you having the choke!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  15. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

A win is a win. Good job!

16. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Nice job Chadderz! LOL at the guy in the background mouthing off during round 1 "give me his gloves" Ha! One at every show..

17. Pretty In Pink

Cheers guys. When the video comes out please critique it as best you can. Some things I can see from this video but I'll get more from the next one.

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Aggressive start! Nice kicks and your jits continues to improve - good transition movement. You seem very tentative to punch and don't exploit your reach enough...stick that jab out there!!!

Beautiful finish!!!

Watch your hands after you strike - you get caught a bit on the recovery after you have done your combos and a few looked solid. Perhaps angle off or circle after your flurry, because moving linear tends to hang your chin up and with your height this makes your chin an easy target

Good showing - you keep getting better with each fight!

19. Pretty In Pink

Cheers man. Angling off is something I had been working on the whole camp and I did exactly zero of it in the fight. Brain went a bit numb and we were pretty much in front of each other for the duration. I am going to start skipping and get a bit lighter on my feet.

20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Do kali!!! I keep telling you!!! LOL!