Fighting someone older

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by nunchukpaul, Jul 12, 2004.

1. nunchukpaul

nunchukpaul Banned Banned

Hey,
    Recently i've got into a arguement with someone alot older me :( he started with saying im immature and then started to threaten me i was quite shocked that he did this and had the cheek to call me immature. well hes about 30 and im 16 i dont want to fight him but hes threatened me and this guy is a typical bully and gets into arguments with people on many occasions. I wont lye so i'll admit im scared as hell and theres no way i can avoid seeing this guy one way or another so do you have an advice on defending my self against someone alot older and somewhat more immature then me. oh and he doesnt do martial arts and im slightly taller then him :cry:

2. Cyrax

Cyrax Forever Student

Ok first off it is highly against the law if he lays a finger on your...your 16 and hes 30....

if he does anything here is what you should do:

1) Contact your local law enforcement
    2) Tell someone such as a parent or guardian
    3) Go for vital points such as the groin....

What ma do you take?

3. Tittan

Tittan Valued Member

I'm tempted to say: "Use the Force", but I won't...

What I think you should do is to tell some adults that you trust about this situation, and maybe get them to help you settle it in a peaceful manner. As a 29 years old I can feel nothing but pity towards a 30 year old bullying a kid (no offence) of 16.
    I'd like to see a post about how you solved the issue in a peaceful matter, and I hope you will learn a lot from this. Violence isn't always the solution you know, and the real martial artist practice the arts to avoid needing them. (Quasi-Zen, yeah I know...)

4. nunchukpaul

I dont take offence to being called a kid i am so thats cool, i really do pity this guy that he has to sink this low. Im doing muay thai normally i would not retalate(not sure spelt right) to him threating me but im fed up if bullys like him and i have to see this guy one time or another as we are in the same sport (paintball)

5. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Try not to get yourself in the midst of a confrontation with this guy ... the best response is to walk away and definitely do not be alone with him.

6. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

I'm not recomending this, but I personally had some sucess when I was younger with "You wont always be bigger than me" - & I was right. Don't bother with this guy, walk away...even when you're bigger than him. Try and stay in company when he's around. We can dispatch Tika if he gets too fresh!

7. Tittan

Tittan Valued Member

Paintball you say? Well, that opens up a whole new world of... um... pain :woo:

Make sure you're allways on the team he's not, and then aim for his groin/neck/whatnot each and every time you get the chance, and get all your friends to do the same. If someone tell you that you're doing something wrong, complain about the barrel of your gun, or that the aim is off or something. Tell them you've never been to the army and that you will do whatever you can to improve. :woo:

Or, better yet... Don't! :Angel:

8. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

I like the "walk away and don't provoke" line of advice. Sounds to me like you already know what you should do (don't stoop to his level), and you just wanted a little encouragement about it. There is nothing you can do to force him to act his age, and it's not your job in life to see to it that he grows up. The only thing you can do, is make sure that YOU aren't part of the problem, and that YOU respond in the correct (mature) way.

Yes, stay in a group around him. Yes, report any physical contact to proper authorities (i.e., police), AND let adults near you that you trust know that this is going on (so that you have a record of sorts that the bullying and threatening has been occurring).

My $0.02.

9. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

You mention that you got into an arguement and he called you immature and threatened you. What was the arguement about? Has this been a one off or has the intimidation continued?

If it was a one off I would suggest staying out of the way and keep your head down for a bit. Often these things tend to blow over. If it isn't then, as many have already suggested, inform someone in authority preferably a parent/guardian first then the police. Violence is an absolute last resort and you will probably only have the knowledge of fighting you have now. If danger is iminent, then be cautious of people advising you on technique, it is unlikely you will learn to use it effectively before the time comes.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2004
  10. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

Normally I'd say lay him out, but this time it isn't the right answer. If he's an adult talk to your mom/dad. Your dad preferably (though mine'd just say to beat him down and don't leave marks) because fathers tend to protect their off spring alot. Also yes the police are a good idea. If he tries to make physical contact run away screaming. I know this sounds stupid, but you can draw attention to the situation. If you're backed into a corner so to speak drop him like a sack of potatoes, call the cops, wait for um, give um your statement, and wait for your parents to pick you up. PROBLEM SOLVED!:D
    Course that's just my idea.

11. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

the classic case of "my dad can kick your dad's ass". i'd love to see my dad in a fight, he's got this freaky smile that freezes you in your tracks...

again though, you should step carefully, as i have seen older people fight, they're wily and use VERY sneaky attacks.

12. Bayani

Bayani Valued Member

Prevention is the key, this bully enjoys the power trip of intimidation so start off with "touch me and I'll sue you for everything you're worth, then whisper "make my day I need the cash" :p then all of the previous posts. Oh yeah, and if he does make a move toward you, raise your hands as if to protect yourself but make it shoot towards his eyes and yell don't hit me! it shows that you are protecting yourself eventhough you poked his eyes and your yelling will help your case in court when witnesses tell the account of what they heard and saw. If he continues his attack , then pull a knife and stab him..... :rolleyes: just kidding . Run if you can like they said yelling and screaming! Get him where it hurts...his wallet!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2004
  13. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Nunchukpaul, why don't you just, "Bust a cap in his ass gangsta style behatch :woo: " ... like you told me once. :D

Seriously, don't provoke him. Let him know that you're a minor and he's an adult and you can have him thrown in jail (and or sued) for assault. He should leave you alone. If not - if he touches you, he is 30, kick him in the groin and punch him in the throat, just don't kill him (and don't let him know u do MA).

Word

14. Solomon

Solomon Valued Member

do you have to come in contact with this guy on a regular basis?

15. nunchukpaul

Thanks guys i told him about the huge age diffrence and told him what a coward he is and i think he got the message :) although i cant help thinking he hasnt! i will probaly have to see him once a month or so, i guess i will have to take it as it comes :( the next time will be i see him will be next month so im hoping it would be settled by then :cool:

16. Tittan

Tittan Valued Member

You've got guts! That is good!

Let's hope you've seen the end of this now :)