Fighting in Kent, July 4th

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by Southpaw535, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Since my last fight finished far too quickly for me to be injured or even more than slightly out of breath, I'm having a quick turnaround and going for it again in a couple weeks.

Fight's going to be in Margate so it'll be my first time fighting away, but I'm actually looking forward to that. It'll be nice fighting without the pressure of a home show. Given its a few weeks out there's isn't much I can say about training for it. Just more of the same and doing my thing. Have changed my stand up style slightly but whether I risk using it for the fight or save it for the next one we'll have to wait and see :)

And what competitor's corner post (or mine at least) would be complete without whoring for tickets? So if you're free July 4th, I think its 25 quid a pop. I have to confess to not paying attention to UK shows so I'm not going to try and sell Killacam to you. All I know is there's a few title fights, 5 odd guys from my gym, and me. I'm the important one. Obviously.

So come watch! You can either buy me a beer or offer me hugs after! Lovely sweaty hugs.

Attached Files:

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I can't make it but I want to wish you luck.

And to say that unless you win by 1st round head kick KO, you have to do the ALS ice bucket challenge.

But with a bucket full of fire ants instead of icy water.

And sitting on a cactus.

3. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Good luck, dude.

4. Southpaw535

Actually not in it now. Had a couple pull outs and at short notice with no ticket sales the match maker has no incentive to find me a new one

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Gutted for you mate.

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Bums.

7. Southpaw535

Happens. Everyone my side was struggling with tickets it just so happens I got the pull outs.

Although I was strongly considering an injury pull out myself anyway. Caught my thumb a few weeks back and kept hurting it in sparring. Got to the point I can't take impact there or move it in certain planes full stop. Feels like the tendons gone in it and earlier this week I couldn't punch or grab with it full stop so the fight would have been a bad idea anyways.