Fighting and The Law

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by pgm316, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

You can argue a good case I'll give you that, and you'll be needed to if people take too much of your advice :D

All you seem capable of is quoting sections of law books, least I try and turn it to practicle advice.

And please, avoid sounding like a fool yourself, never have I met a more annoying person on this board!

2. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Not generally a good way to begin an article on "self defense and the law". You fail to mention avoidance and/or any legal obligation to avoid or diffuse the situation.

You immediately jump to the mindset of "Let a jury decide if I did the right thing", once again ignoring any possibilty of avoidance. The reasonable conclusion from this and subsequent paragraphs is "fight". Considering the thread is entitled "Fighting and the Law", this is irresponsible on your part.

NO.

Now you're advocating lying to the police or obstructing justice. This is again not really all that legal.

Probably the most reasonable thing you've said.

3. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Yes, practical advice that will get your butt arrested and thrown in jail. How useful is that?!? I swear, what the hell is wrong with you people?!?

4. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Thats your opinion!

For the love of God please let other people have theirs! :cry:

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

NOT when people mis-state the law and claim they know what they're talking about.

6. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Sucks to be on the receiving end!

You views a perfect if its a clear cut case, otherwise I do disagree with many of you views. Some are plain stupid that I'm very suprised someone of your experience would say.

In your eyes the law is perfect, and you obviously have no problem with being in court proving your point.

:rolleyes:

7. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

There, you got the last word, I'm not going to keep doing this :bang: with a bunch of internet warriors.

8. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

pgm36, I pity you when you get arrested and the guy you beat up shows up with a really good lawyer.

9. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

The last word? More like last insult from your post!

You really should let other people have there own opinions without being forced to listen to BaikaiGuys path of true righteousness.

aml01_ph; I've no intention of breaking laws so no pity needed thanks.

10. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

I'm sure this is an urban myth. If not, then I'm sure that GKR BBs could find plenty of expert witnesses willing to testify that they are only pretend BBs.

11. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Amen, brother. :Angel:

12. hux

hux ya, whatever.

I'm wondering about this too. Neither or my instructors nor any BB I know has mentioned this, although I've felt too silly to ask ;)

13. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Please keep your pity to yourself!

Does everyone you disagree with get the benefit of your sarcastic patronising wisdom? :rolleyes:

14. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I do think its an urban myth. From what I know about some Blackbelts, the fact that they do martial arts should make little difference!

;)

15. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

It's worth pointing out he's a lawyer and probably normally charges a small fortune for patronising wisdom. You should be grateful that you got a freebie (unless the bill's in the post already).

16. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Isn't that the truth! :D

17. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Why not let everyone know what legal experience you have?

To be honest you have posted about legal issues so it would be a good idea to let readers know what your level of knowledge and experience is. That way they can make, to a degree, a more informed opinion of your article based around what you’ve stated your background to be.

Don’t you agree?

18. hux

hux ya, whatever.

noone's asked the real question - can he file 200 briefs in 20 seconds?

19. GeeniusAtWurk

GeeniusAtWurk Valued Member

I can iron 200 briefs in 20 seconds, does that count? No starch of course.

PGM is being quite hard-headed in this thread. BKG gives him facts, and PGM says nothing is clear cut. PGM says he's giving a guideline, and BKG (and others) point out that his guidelines will get you in big trouble, which PGM thinks of as a personal attack.

All I want are your sources, and your law education background. I don't think it's a coincidence that you're only two letters away from being MMM, because you're acting a lot like him. Are you afraid that once your "expertise" is known, you'll be ridiculed for acting so arrogant? If you don't produce what people are asking for, I would suggest the mods swoop down from the rafters and lock (or better yet delete) this thread, lest it get even more out of hand.

20. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Agreed, mods come delete this thread!

Hard headed? To me that means not listening to others views. Which is who!?! :D

Although much of what BKG says is very good advice and worth listening to. I've not backed down in this situation because theres times when theres more than one way of dealing with a situation. Personally I'd much rather get legal advie from TimmyBoy as his is more useful in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.