Fight Training

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Pretty In Pink, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I knew I was doing a lot of the stuff I was doing with my own boxing too, it just put it in a bit of a different perspective for me and it clicked better seeing it on video. May just be something with myself.

When I posted the videos of me sparring I set the youtube video in a way that somebody has to provide you a link (which I do by posting the video on MAP) to view it and you can't search it. I'm also in the states, posting on a European based forum . . . not like I have a lot to worry about honestly. I would be a little weary of posting stuff being that you're going to be fighting and that there is a much higher potential for people to recognize you and pass the link along to other people/gyms, especially if it's just general sparring where you're working on your specific fighting style vs. situational sparring.

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Tonight went fine, I sparred in the kickboxing class with one or two really good guys, but it just doesn't feel as challenging as it should. I'm catching people too easily and I'm worried in case I'm not being tested enough.

Then in CSW I only rolled three times, twice with a white belt and once with a blue. I caught 'em both.

3. Pretty In Pink

Also, I'm feeling really empty. Like there is no emotion, it's like I'm a vacuum. I just can't be happy, even though I'm seeing this girl and she's pretty awesome. It's getting difficult. People wonder why I'm depressed when I'm doing so well and I don't have an answer for them. :/

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

lack of happy isnt depressed, just enjoy the zen ride.

5. Pretty In Pink

Yeah, it's just that everybody has noticed. I'm normally really bouncing around the walls happy, and talkative and stuff. Lately though it's just been empty. Sometimes I do get depressed.

6. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Och! I feel for you kiddo!

And because I'm a fella I feel 'compelled' to try to help you find a solution...

Couple of simple starter and maybe 'stoopid' ideas - But do 'em and see for yourself.

When you find yourself in a down 'state'. Immediately smile. Grin. Like a Maniac. And keep grinning for at least 30 seconds. It's a truth that each time you smile with feeling you release feel-good endorphins.

If you find your mind full of chatter - Then put your tongue at the roof of your mouth and say 'I Am' in your mind.

Your brain chatter will stop. And your mind sort of goes 'huh? I am what?' Just stops the constant stream of ego stuff for a few moments.

Be thankful for what you got. And each day say all the stuff you're thankful for out loud (probably not that loud in public as people'll scuttle away from you...).

Also you might like to get hold of a few guided hypnosis recordings you can listen to at night through earphones. 'Guided Hypnosis' by Gale Glassner Twersky (Nightingale Conant) is one that calms you down a tad.

Anyway butty - Good Luck and I like reading your log.

7. Pretty In Pink

Thanks man, I'll give them a go!

8. Pretty In Pink

I traned all weekend. Worst weekend ever. On Sunday I got leg kicked so hard I couldn't/can't currently walk. It was a pretty brutal beating.

EDIT:Repeated leg kicks.

9. SoKKlab

I don't know if anyone told you this old Muay Thai trick already?

When you get kicked in the leg - Immediately use that leg to kick with.

It really reduces your leg from 'silting up' (as my first MT instructor used to say).

Oh and I don't know what liniment you use for bruising etc. But with the usual Arnica etc try some 'Wood Lock' (Wong To Yick). I find that clears strong bruising and 'can't use this bit' up quicker.

Good Luck

10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

being emotional takes energy, sometimes when training a lot you just havnt got the energy.

11. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

^ I've found this too, and need to find a better balance in class training between too passive/relaxed and too psyched up, that if something doesn't work or I miss on an obvious technique I'm furious or upset, or both. Sometimes I need to even step outside for a bit just to calm down.

12. Pretty In Pink

Not fighting. Injuries and various other reasons. Don't want to go into it. Will hopefully be fighting in October.

13. SoKKlab

That's a shame.

But...Come back stronger. And keep at it.

Good Luck

14. Pretty In Pink

Thanks man, meant to say September :)

15. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

September has come and gone...how have things been going for you, Chadderz? Back to fighting yet? Looking forward to stories of your next epic fight. :D

16. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

He posted a separate thread about it... Serious Bragging Rights :)

17. Pretty In Pink

It's been okay man, I can start to see how retired boxers get bored quickly. Getting involved with girls instead of training is fun, but it can hurt. So I'm training again. I've found my jujitsu has improved more, but I'm hesitating in kickboxing. I find myself being unsure of where to be. Asked my MMA instructor and he said its natural and I'll be back to whooping ass in no time :)

Next fight will be in April hopefully :)