FFS- Ray Floro Seminar

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by progdan, Oct 9, 2009.

1. progdan

progdan Valued Member

I'm going to be attending a seminar presented by Ray Floro in a couple of weeks. I was just wondering if anyone else here had been to one of his seminars or had any experience with his system? I'm currently doing Krav Maga with a bit of FMA on the side, basically because our instructor also has a very strong background in Doce Pares Eskrima, Pangamot, and a host of other styles.

If anyone has done much of FFS I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it, and what to expect/prepare for in the seminar...

Cheers. :)

2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

floro is a good system. a mix of kali, fencing plus his own stuff.

expect it to be good. come with an empty mind.

3. progdan

progdan Valued Member

This was excellent, and I'm now learning FFS regularly under the top ranking instructor here in Australia under Ray. The defensive techniques are very straightforward to implement, the offensive more challenging, but I'm finding I'm picking it up pretty well, and its a lot of fun to spar with and very applicable to whatever common object you happen to find yourself with...

If anyone else here gets the opportunity to train FFS or attend a seminar with Ray Floro I'd highly recommend it! :)