Feet Problems

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Melanie, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hiya Kat,

Now this sounds nice. This has potential...

I had no idea there was so many ways to er...help your feet. The 2,000 year old remedy sounds intriguing, but there's just not the right type of shop round here...sorry! ;)

Sarah - I shall pick up the shoes from Blitz if this doesn't work!

Still no more on Dit Da jow though...anyone help?

Melanie

2. waya

waya Valued Member

Kinda like Icy Hot, only better lol
    Try this site.

http://users.snip.net/~bikecop/dit-da-jow.htm

3. fluffydoc

fluffydoc Carry On MAPper

Why is freeform wearing babies?

4. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

LOL

Cooler

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Oops, I think I meant to say 'With thoses babies on!'

Come on gimme a break :)

6. hung fut mak

hung fut mak New Member

If you want to no more about dit dar medicine look for traditional chinese herbal medicine [TCHM] sites for indepth descriptions or check out my clubs web site as my Sifu Raymond Man is a practitioner of TCHM and specializes in skin, bone, ligaments & tendons. But the best thing to do is to go and get an apointment
    and leave it up to them. It can be expensive though but worth it. I have had problems with my feet to and i train barefoot and with trainers, kung fu slippers or boxing boots. i think what ever you do if you train alot your body is going to take abuse it is a mater of balancing out training and caring for your body. Dit dar is good for all martial arts conditions brusies, sprains,aches & pains. There is diffrent types of dit dar one is an oil dit dar yaw and the other a wine dit dar jow, the oil is better for every day use and the wine for injury and hardening skin but as Kat said not good to use on abrasions. The tee tree oil is a good idea i use tee tree for lots of things it is a very good antiseptic. I hope that can help you Melanie and ihope your feet get better.

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

The tea tree oil sound like a good option, but watch it if the skin is really sore or open cos it will sting like crazy...despite what they tell you on QVC ;)

If the Iodine tape doesn't work, and you do wanna buy shoes, I recommend Cimac shoes myself, and they're pretty flexible and light. I asked my Sempai to get me a pair, but you can get them at www.karate-kid.co.uk or www.neglobal.co.uk/dma/ if your sensei doesn't have them. Blitz have shoes to, but not Cimac, so its a personal preference really :) Incidently, theres a few Shotokan books on Karate-kid.co.uk that might interest you :)

Osu!

Sarah

8. Melanie

Hiya folks,

I have now had the hard skin removed from my feet. the Chiropodist however said that there was not a great deal to remove, but she took my money anyway :(. I am treating my feet with tea tree oil - thanks for the warning guys about the fact it can hurt! But hey, I'm tough :)( ). All being well and good I shouldn't lose any more skin now. I am going back to self defence next wednesday and will just get on with it now!

Thanks for the advice everyone ;)

Melanie

9. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Mel.
    I hope all works well and they heal up fast

-Chazz

10. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Hate to bring an old thread back but like a good friend im just checking up on ya. Hows the foot doing? Any better yet?

11. Melanie

Nice of you to think of my feet Chazz :D

Pleased to say the gangreen has gone now...er...the problem I had with it anyway...

I am planning on going back to what I enjoy most at the end of the month.

12. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

feet

I hate to ask what that is?

13. Melanie

Easy - kicking and generally hurting others more than myself :D

But I quite enjoy pain too :D

14. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

Hello Melanie,

I think a week walking on the sandy beaches of Hawaii might help your feet :eek:)

Maybe you can find help here:

http://www.foot.com/index.html

15. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

By the way Melanie,

How are the feet now? - After nearly a year.

Did you use anything on them? - Any Success ?

Cheers. :)

16. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Mel, make sure there is no hidden fungus on your tootsies. Sometimes that can weaken the skin and cause the slippage your talking about. Once or twice a week use an antifungal spray in your shoes and on your feet to make sure you have nice clean feet. MA mats are known for nasty little funguses and such lurking about.