Feet and toes are killing me

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by tsname, Jun 14, 2007.

1. tsname

tsname New Member

Hey all, I've been practicing Muay Thai for three weeks now, and it seems that after every session, the skin underneath my toes, the part where the toe meets the foot, are all torn up. Is this something I have to just get used to, or is there another solution? I train barefoot, this is most likely the problem, but is there anything I can do to toughen the skin? I train three days a week, and during my off days the skin heals completely only to be torn again by my first day of training.

Also, my arch on my left foot seems to always feel a bit sore after training. Sometimes it feels like I'm pulling on something too. Is there a brace or an athletic tape technique I can use to tape my arch for extra support?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

You're pretty new to the game so your body is still adjusting to it.

You will be sore in never before sore spots. :p

The arches of your feet will most likely need some strenghtening. You don't realize it right off but you end up on the ball of your foot a lot in in Muay Thai and that means you're arch is getting a workout like never before!

For that I suggest you soak your feet in warm water of get a hot water bottle on them and then gently give yourself a foot massage. Self massage is a great way to alleviate some of the pain of training. Even better... con your wife/gf into giving you one. Failing that... buy that hawt ladyboy at the bar an extra drink and she might throw the rubdown in for free. :D

As for the toes... you might want to check that you don't have athletes foot. Seriously. Here we call it Hong Kong foot and it's very common because of amount of barefoot people in a gym and around the shower areas. Any moisture down in your toes after you train and shower usually stays there for a bit while you make your way home and whatnot... so check for athletes foots. The area around where your toes meet your foot will crack and peel... it hurts... doesn't even have to feel itchy. But it's very common in a lot of gyms and locker room areas.

(or spray the ladyboys feet before she jumps in the sack with... tell her it's a good way to stay safe.. you know... better safe than sorry)

If it turns out to NOT be something like athletes foot... then it's most likely just a matter of toughening up your feet. It can take a while. Try to grin and bear it.

Good luck.

3. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Slip has the best advice;

Sore feet & toes = problem

Sore feet & toes + ladyboy = problem solved.

:)

4. tsname

tsname New Member

I developed athlete's foot before I started Muay Thai actually, so that's probably the culprit. Why does everything have to go back to the ladyboy? Rofl...

Thanks much.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ah ok... yeah sounds like the athletes foot is the problem. Google it... there are a ton of fixes for it. It can be a real pain. So it's well worth getting rid of.

6. tsname

tsname New Member

Been using "Boom!" Tough Actin' Tinactin! Almost done with the treatments but a couple of more weeks of treatments should fix it.

7. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

I don't know anything about athletes foot, but if it's anything like trench foot just make sure to keep your feet dry ;)

8. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Reverse calf raises might help the pain in the arch.

9. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Yeh, but then you wake up with a sore ass....