fed up with k-1 judging

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Ikken Hisatsu, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

I have had it with the judges in k-1. first off, the fight with buakaw vs masato was a farce. no way was that a draw and it was dangerous to let that fight continue when it was obvious that masato was well beaten. I think masatos corner should have thrown in the towel for that last round- he ended up in the hospital with internal injuries for christs sake. and then, a week ago I watched the k-1 max finals in NZ, and another bout of VERY dodgy judging. so much so that one of Ray Sefos fighters claimed he hurt his shoulder afterwards despite showing no ill effect in the ring- I think that he was doing the honourable thing by letting his opponent who had dominated the match continue to what was a spectacular final fight.

and then I recently download the fight clip of masatao vs genki sudo, and what do I see? another BS result. genki owned that fight. he dictated the pace and kicked the crap out of masatos guts. I did not see ONE effective shot from masato in that whole fight, yet the judges scored it a unanimous decision.

IMO, if they dont fix this, its going to be the downfall of k-1. no one likes to see this. its just like the "babying" of bob sapp- it makes the sport seem like a farce. people watching it are going to be thinking "what kind of amateur guessing game is this" when they see decisions that even my grandmother could call. And while I appreciate that the judges in the buakaw vs masato fight were reprimanded, it didnt change the fact that they endangered a fighter for the sake of national pride, or the damage that it had already caused to k-1s repuation.

http://al3xweb.com/K1.htm here are the fights by the way... search for "masato vs buakaw" and "masato vs genki sudo" right click save as

2. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Completely with you on that one!

I watched K1-Max from Tokyo recently, and it was the same thing. The judging was very poor, and all the Japanese fighters got the benefit of the doubt even when they'd taken a beating.

As for the Bob Sapp stuff.... Pfaahhh!!!

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

The judges can make some big money this way. Happens in boxing, too, but not as often since more people watch it, so more people would be ****ed.

PL

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It's a crying shame when things like this happen :( It also happens in MMA as well. I remember seeing an apparent worked fight of Bart Vale knocking out Ken Shamrock in the silliest way ever.